What is involved in Hybrid WAN
Find out what the related areas are that Hybrid WAN connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Hybrid WAN thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Hybrid WAN journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Hybrid WAN leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Hybrid WAN related domains to cover and 95 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Hybrid WAN, Cloud computing, Command line interface, Data center, Desktop virtualization, Edge device, Frame relay, Go to market, High-definition video, Internet access, Low latency, Nemertes Research, Network World, Network congestion, Network emulation, Packet loss, Policy-based management, Service-level agreement, Software-defined networking, Streaming media, Wide area network:
Hybrid WAN Critical Criteria:
Look at Hybrid WAN issues and figure out ways to motivate other Hybrid WAN users.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Hybrid WAN experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Hybrid WAN objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Hybrid WAN process?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Scan Cloud computing tasks and look in other fields.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– What should telcos be focusing on in 5 10 years?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– What Is the Lifecycle Services Framework?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– What happened to grid computing?
Command line interface Critical Criteria:
Merge Command line interface results and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– For your Hybrid WAN project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– When a Hybrid WAN manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Can we do Hybrid WAN without complex (expensive) analysis?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Data center issues and find the essential reading for Data center researchers.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Hybrid WAN in a volatile global economy?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– How many data center sites do you have?
Desktop virtualization Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Desktop virtualization issues and assess what counts with Desktop virtualization that we are not counting.
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– Will Hybrid WAN have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we Improve Hybrid WAN service perception, and satisfaction?
Edge device Critical Criteria:
Deduce Edge device governance and separate what are the business goals Edge device is aiming to achieve.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Hybrid WAN strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How important is Hybrid WAN to the user organizations mission?
– How will IoT edge devices be monitored, managed and updated?
– What are all of our Hybrid WAN domains and what do they do?
Frame relay Critical Criteria:
Confer over Frame relay adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Frame relay skills.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Hybrid WAN?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Hybrid WAN processes of our organization?
– Who sets the Hybrid WAN standards?
Go to market Critical Criteria:
Deduce Go to market leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Go to market.
– Will Hybrid WAN deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What is our Hybrid WAN Strategy?
High-definition video Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on High-definition video tasks and summarize a clear High-definition video focus.
– Is Hybrid WAN dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Hybrid WAN activities?
– What about Hybrid WAN Analysis of results?
Internet access Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Internet access results and assess what counts with Internet access that we are not counting.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Hybrid WAN agendas for the next 3 years?
– In what ways are Hybrid WAN vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Low latency Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Low latency management and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Low latency.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Hybrid WAN? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Is the Hybrid WAN organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Nemertes Research Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Nemertes Research management and learn.
– Do those selected for the Hybrid WAN team have a good general understanding of what Hybrid WAN is all about?
– Are assumptions made in Hybrid WAN stated explicitly?
– How do we keep improving Hybrid WAN?
Network World Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Network World strategies and reduce Network World costs.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Hybrid WAN workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Hybrid WAN does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Network congestion Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Network congestion quality and differentiate in coordinating Network congestion.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Hybrid WAN? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Does Hybrid WAN appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How to Secure Hybrid WAN?
Network emulation Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Network emulation tactics and create Network emulation explanations for all managers.
– Why is Hybrid WAN important for you now?
Packet loss Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Packet loss governance and observe effective Packet loss.
– How will you know that the Hybrid WAN project has been successful?
Policy-based management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Policy-based management decisions and define what our big hairy audacious Policy-based management goal is.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Hybrid WAN strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How would one define Hybrid WAN leadership?
– Are there Hybrid WAN problems defined?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Service-level agreement engagements and correct better engagement with Service-level agreement results.
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Hybrid WAN project?
– How can skill-level changes improve Hybrid WAN?
– Is Hybrid WAN Required?
Software-defined networking Critical Criteria:
Apply Software-defined networking leadership and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Software-defined networking services.
– How do we maintain Hybrid WANs Integrity?
Streaming media Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Streaming media governance and look at the big picture.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Hybrid WAN moving forward?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Hybrid WAN?
– Which Hybrid WAN goals are the most important?
Wide area network Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Wide area network adoptions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Wide area network projects.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Hybrid WAN services/products?
– Are there recognized Hybrid WAN problems?
– How do we go about Securing Hybrid WAN?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Hybrid WAN Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Hybrid WAN External links:
Turbo-boost your Hybrid WAN with SD-WAN
Hybrid WAN | Hybrid Multi-Line WAN – FatPipe Networks
SD-WAN and Hybrid WAN with Broadband | SD-WAN Experts
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Command line interface External links:
* redis-cli, the Redis command line interface
[PDF]Avaya Command Line Interface Commands Reference
Data center External links:
Defense Manpower Data Center – PSA Division
CIO.gov – Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI)
Licensed Child Care Center Explorer | NJOIT Open Data Center
Desktop virtualization External links:
MED-V – Microsoft Desktop Virtualization | TechNet
Application and Desktop Virtualization – Citrix
Edge device External links:
Tactical Edge Device | Harris
Required to Call to Buyout Edge Device? | Comunidad de …
Frame relay External links:
Frame relay (eBook, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
CenturyLink | Wholesale | Frame Relay Service (FRS)
Read this Science Essay and over 88,000 other research documents. Frame Relay. Frame Relay is a high-performance WAN protocol that operates at …
Internet access External links:
Internet Access – Dial-Up and DSL Internet Service – NetZero
Internet Access – Dial-Up and High Speed ISP – Juno
Access from AT&T – Discount Internet Access
Low latency External links:
Arista 7250X Series – Low Latency Network Switches – Arista
About Lightspeed | Ultra Low Latency Direct Market Access
What is Low Latency Live Streaming? – Wowza
Nemertes Research External links:
Nemertes Research – Home | Facebook
E911 Webinar: Nemertes Research Report | West Corporation
Nemertes Research Report Download | West Corporation
Network World External links:
NHL Network World Junior Championship Game Schedule | …
Novosti mira – Information and advertising network World News
Network congestion External links:
CryptoKitties is causing ethereum network congestion — …
Network Congestion? | Verizon Community
Verizon’s Network Congestion | Verizon Community
Packet loss External links:
Packet loss – 51882 – The Cisco Learning Network
Packet Loss : ProgrammerHumor – reddit
Optimizing Connections: Improving Latency and Packet Loss
Policy-based management External links:
Facets – SQL Server Policy-Based Management
ExecuteSql() – SQL Server Policy-Based Management
CiteSeerX — Policy-based Management for
Software-defined networking External links:
Software-defined Networking (SDN) – Citrix
Streaming media External links:
Streaming Media Players: Comparison Chart | Tech for …
Compare Internet TV Streaming Media Services | finder.com
Rveal | Streaming Media Player & TV Entertainment Solutions
Wide area network External links:
Repeater List | WANRS – Wide Area Network Repeater System
What Is a Wide Area Network (WAN) and How Does It Work?
What is WAN (Wide Area Network)? – Computer Hope