What is involved in Project Governance
Find out what the related areas are that Project Governance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Project Governance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Project Governance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Project Governance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Project Governance related domains to cover and 171 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Project Governance, Business case, Chief governance officer, Climate governance, Clinical governance, Collaborative governance, Corporate governance, Cost overrun, Cultural governance, Data governance, Earth system governance, Ecclesiastical polity, Environmental, social and corporate governance, Environmental governance, Executive sponsor, Global governance, Good governance, Governance, risk management, and compliance, Governance in higher education, Information governance, Local governance, Market governance mechanism, Moral responsibility, Multistakeholder governance model, Network governance, Ocean governance, Open-source governance, Political party governance, Private governance, Project Manager, Project plan, Project stakeholder, Project stakeholders, Project team, Quality engineering, Requirements engineering, SOA governance, Security sector governance and reform, Simulation Governance, Soil governance, Stakeholder management, Steering Committee, Sustainable Governance Indicators, Technology governance, Transnational governance, Website governance, World Governance Index:
Project Governance Critical Criteria:
Audit Project Governance leadership and sort Project Governance activities.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Project Governance project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Project Governance does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How will you know that the Project Governance project has been successful?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Chat re Business case governance and do something to it.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Project Governance, including any consulting or professional services?
– Do the Project Governance decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Project Governance opportunities costing us money?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Right business case?
Chief governance officer Critical Criteria:
Add value to Chief governance officer tactics and test out new things.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Project Governance process?
– In a project to restructure Project Governance outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Climate governance Critical Criteria:
Pilot Climate governance governance and innovate what needs to be done with Climate governance.
– Is maximizing Project Governance protection the same as minimizing Project Governance loss?
– Why is Project Governance important for you now?
Clinical governance Critical Criteria:
Own Clinical governance issues and oversee implementation of Clinical governance.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Project Governance strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Is the Project Governance organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How to Secure Project Governance?
Collaborative governance Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Collaborative governance leadership and report on developing an effective Collaborative governance strategy.
– Is Project Governance Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Do we all define Project Governance in the same way?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Nurse Corporate governance management and give examples utilizing a core of simple Corporate governance skills.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Project Governance in a volatile global economy?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Project Governance delivery for example is new software needed?
– Do Project Governance rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Cost overrun Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Cost overrun planning and interpret which customers can’t participate in Cost overrun because they lack skills.
– To what extent does management recognize Project Governance as a tool to increase the results?
– Does Project Governance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Cultural governance Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Cultural governance tactics and devise Cultural governance key steps.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Project Governance forward?
– How do we measure improved Project Governance service perception, and satisfaction?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Apply Data governance leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Data governance interface.
– Along with your mission, be sure to develop a clear vision. what could your organization look like with a mature data governance program?
– Is there an ongoing data cleansing procedure to look for rot (redundant, obsolete, trivial content)?
– What if youre still trying to create collections of policies, rules, and data definitions?
– What controls should be put in place to ensure we are complying with all regulations?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– Are there established qualitative and quantitative measures of metaData Quality?
– What is the cost (time, money, resources) associated with this new collection?
– What level of data will be shared in the reports that are distributed?
– The front-ends are dependent on data. how is that data governed?
– what is the difference between data governance and it governance?
– How do most enterprises manage hierarchical master data today?
– Should it or business drive the data governance program?
– Why use the dgi data governance framework?
– what is driving data governance adoption?
– Why is lack of data governance urgent?
– How representative is twitter data?
– How effective is data governance?
– Is the information identifiable?
– What Is Data Governance ?
– Should it be encrypted?
Earth system governance Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Earth system governance adoptions and check on ways to get started with Earth system governance.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Project Governance?
– How can you negotiate Project Governance successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Project Governance requirements in detail?
Ecclesiastical polity Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Ecclesiastical polity planning and drive action.
– Does Project Governance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– For your Project Governance project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What vendors make products that address the Project Governance needs?
Environmental, social and corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Gauge Environmental, social and corporate governance leadership and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Environmental, social and corporate governance.
– Does Project Governance appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Environmental governance Critical Criteria:
Define Environmental governance failures and differentiate in coordinating Environmental governance.
– what is the best design framework for Project Governance organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Project Governance project?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Project Governance move?
Executive sponsor Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Executive sponsor management and report on setting up Executive sponsor without losing ground.
– In what ways are Project Governance vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Can we do Project Governance without complex (expensive) analysis?
Global governance Critical Criteria:
Mix Global governance planning and overcome Global governance skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Project Governance? There might be some that are less obvious?
Good governance Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Good governance decisions and correct better engagement with Good governance results.
– Think of your Project Governance project. what are the main functions?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Project Governance?
– How will you measure your Project Governance effectiveness?
Governance, risk management, and compliance Critical Criteria:
Steer Governance, risk management, and compliance projects and check on ways to get started with Governance, risk management, and compliance.
– What are the key elements of your Project Governance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How would one define Project Governance leadership?
Governance in higher education Critical Criteria:
Confer over Governance in higher education tasks and budget for Governance in higher education challenges.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Project Governance project manager?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Project Governance processes of our organization?
Information governance Critical Criteria:
Scan Information governance risks and get out your magnifying glass.
– How does your organization assess staff training needs and ensure job/role specific information governance training is provided to all staff?
– How is the chief executive or equivalent management board consulted and/or informed of information governance issues?
– What governance arrangements do you have in place to support the current and evolving information governance agenda?
– What is the organizations most effective method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– What is the organizations preferred method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
– Does Project Governance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are specific Project Governance Rules to follow?
Local governance Critical Criteria:
Investigate Local governance projects and get going.
– Think about the functions involved in your Project Governance project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Does Project Governance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are there Project Governance problems defined?
Market governance mechanism Critical Criteria:
Focus on Market governance mechanism outcomes and plan concise Market governance mechanism education.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Project Governance products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are all of our Project Governance domains and what do they do?
Moral responsibility Critical Criteria:
Examine Moral responsibility goals and look in other fields.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Project Governance?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Project Governance activities?
Multistakeholder governance model Critical Criteria:
Audit Multistakeholder governance model planning and pay attention to the small things.
– Who needs to know about Project Governance ?
Network governance Critical Criteria:
Check Network governance quality and figure out ways to motivate other Network governance users.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Project Governance been identified and analyzed?
Ocean governance Critical Criteria:
Dissect Ocean governance visions and oversee implementation of Ocean governance.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Project Governance services/products?
– Are there recognized Project Governance problems?
Open-source governance Critical Criteria:
Mine Open-source governance governance and forecast involvement of future Open-source governance projects in development.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Project Governance strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How important is Project Governance to the user organizations mission?
Political party governance Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Political party governance planning and transcribe Political party governance as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Consider your own Project Governance project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Private governance Critical Criteria:
Systematize Private governance risks and separate what are the business goals Private governance is aiming to achieve.
– Who sets the Project Governance standards?
Project Manager Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Project Manager governance and find out what it really means.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Project Governance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Do we have these warning signs: This project is not that big and everyone knows what they are doing -why do we need a project manager?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What are the actions taken by project managers when leading and implementing a transformational change initiative?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What should the project manager(s) do differently next time your organization undergoes a change process?
– What processes do project managers and content strategists use to collect content for client websites?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Can project managers measure project status at any point in time?
– What is the necessity of a Project Manager?
– What is the duty of a Project Manager?
– What was the project manager best at?
– Who are the project managers?
Project plan Critical Criteria:
Trace Project plan visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Project plan.
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What is the source of the strategies for Project Governance strengthening and reform?
– What business benefits will Project Governance goals deliver if achieved?
– Did the project team have enough people to execute the project plan?
Project stakeholder Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Project stakeholder governance and acquire concise Project stakeholder education.
– How do we go about Comparing Project Governance approaches/solutions?
– How do we Lead with Project Governance in Mind?
– Do we have past Project Governance Successes?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Project stakeholders goals and raise human resource and employment practices for Project stakeholders.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Project Governance is underway?
– What are our needs in relation to Project Governance skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Project team Critical Criteria:
Unify Project team risks and probe Project team strategic alliances.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Project Governance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Project Governance processes?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
Quality engineering Critical Criteria:
Grasp Quality engineering tasks and describe which business rules are needed as Quality engineering interface.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Project Governance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Depict Requirements engineering engagements and stake your claim.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Project Governance leader?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Project Governance study?
SOA governance Critical Criteria:
Communicate about SOA governance outcomes and mentor SOA governance customer orientation.
– Is there a Project Governance Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Project Governance project?
Security sector governance and reform Critical Criteria:
Discourse Security sector governance and reform projects and figure out ways to motivate other Security sector governance and reform users.
– What is the purpose of Project Governance in relation to the mission?
Simulation Governance Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Simulation Governance visions and document what potential Simulation Governance megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Project Governance?
– Will Project Governance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Is the scope of Project Governance defined?
Soil governance Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Soil governance failures and oversee Soil governance requirements.
– Do we monitor the Project Governance decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Stakeholder management Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Stakeholder management governance and learn.
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Project Governance with what users do day-to-day?
– Have you identified your Project Governance key performance indicators?
Steering Committee Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Steering Committee risks and get the big picture.
– Is Project Governance dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the steering committee s roles?
Sustainable Governance Indicators Critical Criteria:
Frame Sustainable Governance Indicators adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Sustainable Governance Indicators because they lack skills.
Technology governance Critical Criteria:
Track Technology governance governance and maintain Technology governance for success.
– Who will provide the final approval of Project Governance deliverables?
– Is Project Governance Required?
Transnational governance Critical Criteria:
Coach on Transnational governance decisions and sort Transnational governance activities.
– Among the Project Governance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Website governance Critical Criteria:
Guide Website governance tactics and shift your focus.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Project Governance. How do we gain traction?
World Governance Index Critical Criteria:
Accumulate World Governance Index decisions and catalog World Governance Index activities.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Project Governance effort?
– Are assumptions made in Project Governance stated explicitly?
– What is Effective Project Governance?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Project Governance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Project Governance External links:
[PDF]Payroll Services Consolidation Project Governance …
https://services.oregon.gov/das/Docs/Governance Structure PSCP.pdf
400: IT PROJECT GOVERNANCE – OIT
NuGet Project Governance | Microsoft Docs
Business case External links:
Preparing An Effective Business Case – Ontario
Business Case Template – MyManagementGuide.com
What is business case? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Chief governance officer External links:
Chief Governance Officer, OSGE | Devex
Climate governance External links:
[PDF]A Polycentric Approach to Global Climate Governance
Clinical governance External links:
Clinical Governance Essays – ManyEssays.com
[PDF]Definition of Clinical Governance – KZN HEALTH
[PPT]Clinical Governance – University of Pittsburgh
Collaborative governance External links:
Collaborative Governance: The Case of WNC EdNET « …
Welcome to Collaborative Governance
Corporate governance External links:
Morgan Stanley Corporate Governance
Program on Corporate Governance – About the Program
Corporate Governance – Chicago United
Cost overrun External links:
Cost overrun – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Predicting cost overrun of railroad bridge construction
Cost Overrun Essays – ManyEssays.com
Cultural governance External links:
The Audit Committee and Cultural Governance – WSJ
Data governance External links:
Dataguise | Sensitive Data Governance
Data Governance Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Governance – Do Job Titles Matter? – DATAVERSITY
Earth system governance External links:
Earth System Governance | The MIT Press
Earth System Governance Project – Home | Facebook
Earth System Governance | The MIT Press
Environmental, social and corporate governance External links:
Environmental, social and corporate governance – …
Environmental governance External links:
Environmental governance | UN Environment
Executive sponsor External links:
[PDF]Executive Sponsor Form – Health Care in British …
What is Executive Sponsor | IGI Global
Global governance External links:
Global Governance Monitor – cfr.org
Global Governance Software
Global Governance Watch©
Good governance External links:
Promoting good governance – Walmart Corporate
The Good Governance Awards, 2017
The Coalition for Good Governance
Governance, risk management, and compliance External links:
Career Path – Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance …
Information governance External links:
Information Governance (IG) – American Health …
Information Governance | InfoGov Basics
Local governance External links:
Equality Indicators – Institute for State and Local Governance
[PDF]State and Local Governance – Wisconsin Department …
Local Governance Research Labatory
Multistakeholder governance model External links:
Network governance External links:
Globalization, Edu-Business and Network Governance: …
POD Network Governance – POD Network: Professional …
Ocean governance External links:
Ocean Governance for Sustainability – Challenges, …
Private governance External links:
[PDF]Merging Public and Private Governance: How Disney’s …
Project Manager External links:
Phoenix Project Manager – CPM Project Scheduling
Condo Project Manager (CPM) – Fannie Mae
Renovation Project Manager in Jacksonville Metro – …
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org › jobs › skilled trades/artisan
Project plan External links:
Service Acquisition Mall – Project Plan
Project plan submittal for SRP – Salt River Project
Project stakeholder External links:
Project stakeholder management and rumours – YouTube
Project Stakeholder Management Plan: Managing …
Project stakeholders External links:
How To Get Project Stakeholders on Your Side – YouTube
Project team External links:
North Tarrant Express Project Team – NTE Mobility Partners
Project TEAM | Welcome To Our House
Quality engineering External links:
Power Quality Engineering, Inc.
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements engineering (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – nist.gov
Requirements Engineering – Springer
SOA governance External links:
SOA governance technologies – Gartner IT Glossary
SOA Governance Standards | OCIO
Soil governance External links:
Stakeholder management External links:
Stakeholder Management Software | Enablon
What You Must Know About Stakeholder Management – CEG
Stakeholder Analysis Video: Stakeholder Management …
Steering Committee External links:
[PDF]STEERING COMMITTEE DUTIES AND …
[PDF]Title III – Steering Committee
Steering Committee | South Louisiana Community College
Technology governance External links:
[PDF]Information Technology Governance
Information Technology Governance Maturity: Examining …
Information Technology Governance Committee (ITGC)
Transnational governance External links:
School of Transnational Governance