Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Product portfolio management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Product portfolio management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Product portfolio management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Product portfolio management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 705 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Product portfolio management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 705 standard requirements:
- Describe the causes of return differences between portfolios managed in the strategy for different clients with similar guidelines and objectives. How much is attributable to individual portfolio Managers decisions?
- Markets, products and technologies provide another set of dimensions across which managers seek balance. The question faced is: do you have the appropriate split in R&D spending across your various product lines?
- What is your spending on genuine new products versus product renewals (improvements and replacements), or product extensions, or product maintenance, or cost reductions and process improvements?
- Do you allow product portfolio renewal to occur without interference by merely adding new products, or should the renewal be governed based on strategic and financial targets over life cycle?
- Are the calculated sales volumes realistic, taking into account the competitive position, realistic market share, importance of customer problem/pain and stage/maturity of customer needs?
- Are the customer segments for the product well defined, e.g. in terms of industry line, company size, buyer type (CEO/board level individual vs. human resource manager), geography etc?
- Maximize the value of products: Different products contribute to your companys bottom line differently. Is your product portfolio currently structured to contribute as much as it can?
- To what extent will this product open up new market segments (e.g., industry lines, customer groups, geographical areas) that may be valuable also for other product lines?
- Familiarity Matrix: What should be the split of resources to different types of markets and to different technology types in terms of their familiarity to the business?
- To what extent will this product open up for subsequent add-on products, e.g. business process outsourcing services built on top of a program-as-a-service offering?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Product portfolio management book in PDF containing 705 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Product portfolio management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Product portfolio management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Product portfolio management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Product portfolio management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Product portfolio management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Product portfolio management Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Product portfolio management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Closing Process Group: Based on your Product portfolio management project communication management plan, what worked well?
- Activity Duration Estimates: How does Product portfolio management project integration management relate to the Product portfolio management project life cycle, stakeholders, and the other Product portfolio management project management knowledge areas?
- Activity Cost Estimates: Does the activity rely on a common set of tools to carry it out?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Change Request: Will the change use memory to the extent that other functions will be not have sufficient memory to operate effectively?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Does a procedure exist to ensure the Product portfolio management project work is completed in the appropriate sequence and on time?
- Scope Management Plan: Organizational unit (e.g., department, team, or person) who will accept responsibility for satisfactory completion of the item?
- Team Directory: Process Decisions: How well was task order work performed?
- Variance Analysis: Can the relationship with problem customers be restructured so that there is a win-win situation?
- Source Selection Criteria: What will you use to capture evaluation and subsequent documentation?
Step-by-step and complete Product portfolio management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Product portfolio management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Product portfolio management project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Product portfolio management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Product portfolio management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Product portfolio management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Product portfolio management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Product portfolio management project with this in-depth Product portfolio management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Product portfolio management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Product portfolio management and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Product portfolio management investments work better.
This Product portfolio management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.