What is involved in Food technology
Find out what the related areas are that Food technology connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Food technology thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Food technology journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Food technology leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Food technology related domains to cover and 126 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Food technology, Food additive, 2011 United States listeriosis outbreak, Food allergy, Food and Bioprocess Technology, Food irradiation, Sugar substitute, Food politics, Food safety, Food industry, International Standard Book Number, Sodium cyclamate, Lead poisoning, 2015 United States E. coli outbreak, Frozen food, Food packaging, Food fortification, 2008 Irish pork crisis, Minamata disease, Food coloring, International Food Safety Network, Acid-hydrolyzed vegetable protein, Mercury in fish, 2008 Chinese milk scandal, Salt substitute, Food quality, Coffee substitute, Wine spoilage, Processing aid, Optical sorting, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Centre for Food Safety, Benzoic acid, Food manufacture, Standards organization, Arsenic contamination of groundwater, ISO 22000, Acesulfame potassium, High-fructose corn syrup, Food drying, Marling School, Hydrogenated starch hydrolysates, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization, Modified atmosphere, 2005 Indonesia food scare, Escherichia coli O104, Soured milk, European Food Safety Authority:
Food technology Critical Criteria:
Own Food technology management and devise Food technology key steps.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Food technology. How do we gain traction?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Food technology processes of our organization?
– What are our Food technology Processes?
Food additive Critical Criteria:
Infer Food additive tactics and grade techniques for implementing Food additive controls.
– To what extent does management recognize Food technology as a tool to increase the results?
2011 United States listeriosis outbreak Critical Criteria:
Guide 2011 United States listeriosis outbreak strategies and explore and align the progress in 2011 United States listeriosis outbreak.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Food technology process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Food technology process available?
– How do we manage Food technology Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is Supporting Food technology documentation required?
Food allergy Critical Criteria:
Examine Food allergy governance and prioritize challenges of Food allergy.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Food technology been identified and analyzed?
– What are specific Food technology Rules to follow?
Food and Bioprocess Technology Critical Criteria:
Survey Food and Bioprocess Technology governance and catalog what business benefits will Food and Bioprocess Technology goals deliver if achieved.
– How likely is the current Food technology plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Does Food technology analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Is the scope of Food technology defined?
Food irradiation Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Food irradiation visions and gather practices for scaling Food irradiation.
– Are accountability and ownership for Food technology clearly defined?
– What are internal and external Food technology relations?
Sugar substitute Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Sugar substitute issues and plan concise Sugar substitute education.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Food technology project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Food technology project lifecycle?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Food technology process?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Food technology processes?
Food politics Critical Criteria:
Judge Food politics failures and prioritize challenges of Food politics.
– Do the Food technology decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How will you know that the Food technology project has been successful?
– How can we improve Food technology?
Food safety Critical Criteria:
Depict Food safety quality and shift your focus.
– Does Food technology analysis show the relationships among important Food technology factors?
– Have you identified your Food technology key performance indicators?
Food industry Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Food industry leadership and research ways can we become the Food industry company that would put us out of business.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Food technology processes?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Food technology values?
– Who needs to know about Food technology ?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Confer over International Standard Book Number quality and perfect International Standard Book Number conflict management.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Food technology? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Sodium cyclamate Critical Criteria:
Test Sodium cyclamate visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Sodium cyclamate.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Food technology process?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Food technology activities?
Lead poisoning Critical Criteria:
Investigate Lead poisoning issues and optimize Lead poisoning leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Food technology strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Food technology products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What is our formula for success in Food technology ?
2015 United States E. coli outbreak Critical Criteria:
Canvass 2015 United States E. coli outbreak issues and work towards be a leading 2015 United States E. coli outbreak expert.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Food technology process?
– How will you measure your Food technology effectiveness?
Frozen food Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Frozen food strategies and correct better engagement with Frozen food results.
– What are our needs in relation to Food technology skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Food packaging Critical Criteria:
Own Food packaging management and oversee implementation of Food packaging.
– What business benefits will Food technology goals deliver if achieved?
– Does our organization need more Food technology education?
Food fortification Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Food fortification quality and get the big picture.
– Do those selected for the Food technology team have a good general understanding of what Food technology is all about?
– Do we have past Food technology Successes?
– How to deal with Food technology Changes?
2008 Irish pork crisis Critical Criteria:
Grasp 2008 Irish pork crisis engagements and cater for concise 2008 Irish pork crisis education.
– Think about the people you identified for your Food technology project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Why are Food technology skills important?
Minamata disease Critical Criteria:
Steer Minamata disease governance and test out new things.
– What are all of our Food technology domains and what do they do?
– Which Food technology goals are the most important?
Food coloring Critical Criteria:
Jump start Food coloring planning and question.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Food technology delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is Food technology Required?
International Food Safety Network Critical Criteria:
Distinguish International Food Safety Network tactics and cater for concise International Food Safety Network education.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Food technology?
– How do we Lead with Food technology in Mind?
Acid-hydrolyzed vegetable protein Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Acid-hydrolyzed vegetable protein issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Acid-hydrolyzed vegetable protein.
– Consider your own Food technology project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Food technology requirements in detail?
– What are the long-term Food technology goals?
Mercury in fish Critical Criteria:
Discourse Mercury in fish engagements and ask questions.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Food technology?
– How do we go about Comparing Food technology approaches/solutions?
2008 Chinese milk scandal Critical Criteria:
Accumulate 2008 Chinese milk scandal adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive 2008 Chinese milk scandal decisions.
– What threat is Food technology addressing?
Salt substitute Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Salt substitute goals and slay a dragon.
– Have all basic functions of Food technology been defined?
– How do we maintain Food technologys Integrity?
Food quality Critical Criteria:
Canvass Food quality governance and find out.
– Prior to selecting a FSMC, the SFAs personnel are strongly encouraged to visit one or more school sites managed by each of the FSMCs under consideration. It is important to observe the operation on a typical day. Therefore, these visits should be unannounced to the food service site manager. Evaluate the sanitation, staffing, food production, food quality and student acceptability. Compare these to the current practices in the SFAs food service program. If the FSMC operation is judged to be superior, what were the noticeable differences?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Food technology goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Food technology activities?
– Who sets the Food technology standards?
Coffee substitute Critical Criteria:
Read up on Coffee substitute management and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Food technology information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the key elements of your Food technology performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Wine spoilage Critical Criteria:
Graph Wine spoilage strategies and devise Wine spoilage key steps.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Food technology experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Will Food technology have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What about Food technology Analysis of results?
Processing aid Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Processing aid failures and test out new things.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Food technology leader?
– Can we do Food technology without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Does Food technology appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Optical sorting Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Optical sorting engagements and check on ways to get started with Optical sorting.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Food technology?
– What are the barriers to increased Food technology production?
– How do we keep improving Food technology?
Ministry of Food and Drug Safety Critical Criteria:
Systematize Ministry of Food and Drug Safety risks and summarize a clear Ministry of Food and Drug Safety focus.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Food technology strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Food technology objectives?
– Will Food technology deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Centre for Food Safety Critical Criteria:
Model after Centre for Food Safety planning and differentiate in coordinating Centre for Food Safety.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Food technology, including any consulting or professional services?
– Are there Food technology problems defined?
Benzoic acid Critical Criteria:
Analyze Benzoic acid decisions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Benzoic acid services.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Food technology forward?
Food manufacture Critical Criteria:
Derive from Food manufacture goals and create Food manufacture explanations for all managers.
– How do we Improve Food technology service perception, and satisfaction?
Standards organization Critical Criteria:
Investigate Standards organization issues and differentiate in coordinating Standards organization.
Arsenic contamination of groundwater Critical Criteria:
Systematize Arsenic contamination of groundwater decisions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Arsenic contamination of groundwater because they lack skills.
– Does the Food technology task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the short and long-term Food technology goals?
ISO 22000 Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about ISO 22000 governance and oversee implementation of ISO 22000.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Food technology services/products?
– Are assumptions made in Food technology stated explicitly?
Acesulfame potassium Critical Criteria:
Mine Acesulfame potassium risks and get the big picture.
– Is there a Food technology Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How can you measure Food technology in a systematic way?
High-fructose corn syrup Critical Criteria:
Have a session on High-fructose corn syrup adoptions and figure out ways to motivate other High-fructose corn syrup users.
Food drying Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Food drying risks and catalog Food drying activities.
– Among the Food technology product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Marling School Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Marling School governance and sort Marling School activities.
– In what ways are Food technology vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Food technology with what users do day-to-day?
– Who will provide the final approval of Food technology deliverables?
Hydrogenated starch hydrolysates Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Hydrogenated starch hydrolysates issues and correct Hydrogenated starch hydrolysates management by competencies.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Food technology?
– How is the value delivered by Food technology being measured?
National Agriculture and Food Research Organization Critical Criteria:
Differentiate National Agriculture and Food Research Organization outcomes and learn.
– In the case of a Food technology project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Food technology project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Food technology project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Modified atmosphere Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Modified atmosphere leadership and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Modified atmosphere is getting what it needs.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Food technology project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
2005 Indonesia food scare Critical Criteria:
Debate over 2005 Indonesia food scare results and get answers.
– what is the best design framework for Food technology organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the business goals Food technology is aiming to achieve?
Escherichia coli O104 Critical Criteria:
Categorize Escherichia coli O104 quality and report on developing an effective Escherichia coli O104 strategy.
– How would one define Food technology leadership?
Soured milk Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Soured milk quality and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Soured milk services.
European Food Safety Authority Critical Criteria:
Powwow over European Food Safety Authority goals and describe which business rules are needed as European Food Safety Authority interface.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Food technology Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Food technology External links:
Life Science Blended with Food Technology | ClearH2O
Food additive External links:
Food Additive and Color Additive Petitions Under Review …
Guar Gum: Is This Food Additive Harmful or Helpful? – …
Common Food Additive Found To Increase Risk And …
Food allergy External links:
Food Allergy and Food Intolerance – WebMD
Food Allergy Testing | Symptoms & Treatment | ACAAI …
Food Allergy Research & Education – Official Site
Food and Bioprocess Technology External links:
Food and Bioprocess Technology Journal – USDA
Food and Bioprocess Technology | EndNote | Clarivate …
Food irradiation External links:
What’s wrong with food irradiation? – Organic Consumers
Food Irradiation and Pasteurization – Minnesota Dept. …
Food Irradiation: What You Need to Know – U S Food …
Sugar substitute External links:
http://To substitute honey for white sugar in baked goods use 3/4 cup honey for every 1 cup of sugar. Honey adds a lot of moisture to a recipe, so reduce other liquids in the recipe by ½ cup for every 1 cup of honey added.
Sugar Substitute? — Johns Hopkins University
sugar substitute – Wiktionary
Food politics External links:
Food Politics by Marion Nestle » Books
Food Politics | Eat Drink Politics
Food Politics by Marion Nestle » The PURE study …
Food safety External links:
TraceGains: Food Safety & Quality Assurance …
Food Safety Training | TAP Series
Lexington-Fayette Food Safety Training | …
Food industry External links:
Fast Food Industry – The New York Times
Petfood Forum: The global event for the pet food industry
MenuTrends, Food Industry Market Research | Datassential
International Standard Book Number External links:
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
ISBN: International Standard Book Number for Self …
Sodium cyclamate External links:
Sodium cyclamate – SideEffects.com
SODIUM CYCLAMATE | CAMEO Chemicals | NOAA
Sodium Cyclamate analytical standard | Sigma-Aldrich
Lead poisoning External links:
Lead Poisoning Prevention – Lead Safety
Lead Poisoning Guide: Causes, Symptoms and …
DPH: Lead Poisoning Prevention and Control Program
Frozen food External links:
25 Best Frozen Food Dinners & Meal Reviews
Food packaging External links:
Saxco | Beer, Wine, Spirits & Food Packaging
Cryovac Food Packaging and Food Solutions …
Food fortification External links:
Food Fortification WMV – YouTube
Europe- Food Fortification Initiative
[PDF]Overview of Food Fortification in the United …
2008 Irish pork crisis External links:
2008 Irish pork crisis – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=2008 Irish pork crisis
2008 Irish pork crisis explained – …
2008 Irish Pork Crisis – theinfolist.com
Minamata disease External links:
Congenital Minamata Disease – Introduction & …
Minamata Disease Museum
Definition of Minamata disease – MedicineNet
Food coloring External links:
Food Coloring 101 | Martha Stewart
How to Add Food Coloring to Food: 10 Steps (with …
Food Coloring Dyed Easter Eggs – dltk-holidays.com
International Food Safety Network External links:
International Food Safety Network | barfblog
[PDF]INTERNATIONAL FOOD SAFETY NETWORK …
International Food Safety Network – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/International Food Safety Network
Acid-hydrolyzed vegetable protein External links:
What does acid-hydrolyzed vegetable protein mean?
http://www.definitions.net/definition/acid-hydrolyzed vegetable protein
Mercury in fish External links:
Mercury in Fish • World Mercury Project
[PDF]Mercury in Fish – OEHHA
2008 Chinese milk scandal External links:
2008 Chinese milk scandal – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=2008 Chinese milk scandal
2008 Chinese Milk Scandals Essay – 632 Words
The 2008 Chinese Milk Scandal Recorded Round …
Salt substitute External links:
Salt Substitute Recipes – CDKitchen
http://www.cdkitchen.com › … › meals / dishes › seasonings and spices
Salt Substitute Recipe – Genius Kitchen
Are Salt Substitutes Healthy? | Blackfoot Journal
Food quality External links:
What is food quality and cooking quality – Answers.com
Food Quality – In-N-Out Burger
Food Quality and Safety – Fumigation
Coffee substitute External links:
Herbal Coffee Substitute (no caffeine!) | In Sonnet’s …
This autoimmune-safe herbal coffee substitute recipe uses herbal tea and natural sources of protein and healthy fats for an energy boost without …
How To Roast Herbs For An Herbal Coffee Substitute
Wine spoilage External links:
Wine Spoilage Organisms – Unitech Scientific
[PDF]Wine Spoilage and Review Exam #2 What the most …
Wine Spoilage and Winery Sanitation for Small Wineries
Processing aid External links:
[PDF]Volume 4 Processing Aid and Managing FSA …
Processing aid – General Electric Company
[PDF]Volume 4 – Processing Aid and Managing FSA …
Optical sorting External links:
Oculus – Intelligent Optical Sorting | Herbert
http://Optical sorting (sometimes called digital sorting) is the automated process of sorting solid products using cameras and/or lasers. Depending on the types of sensors used and the software-driven intelligence of the image processing system, optical sorters can recognize objects’ color, size, shape, structural properties and chemical composition.
WECO The Science of Optical Sorting – Agricultural …
Ministry of Food and Drug Safety External links:
MFDS – Ministry Of Food And Drug Safety
Centre for Food Safety External links:
食物安全中心 Centre for Food Safety – Community | Facebook
Benzoic acid External links:
benzoic acid | chemical compound | Britannica.com
BENZOIC ACID | CAMEO Chemicals | NOAA
Benzoic acid – brand name list from Drugs.com
Food manufacture External links:
Food Manufacture – Weebly
Food Manufacture: Preservation – Home
Hiap Giap Food Manufacture Pte Ltd – Home | Facebook
Standards organization External links:
Real Estate Standards Organization
Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization – …
HSO Health Standards Organization – Standards & …
Arsenic contamination of groundwater External links:
Arsenic contamination of groundwater – Infogalactic: …
ISO 22000 External links:
ISO 22000 – Atlas Copco UK
What is ISO 22000?
ISO 22000 Software | CEBOS
Acesulfame potassium External links:
What is acesulfame potassium? In this article, learn about this artificial sweetener, what foods and drinks it is found in, and whether it is good or bad.
What is acesulfame potassium, and is it good or bad …
Sweet Facts About Acesulfame Potassium
High-fructose corn syrup External links:
List of Products with No High-Fructose Corn Syrup
Food drying External links:
Industrial Food Drying Ovens – Case Study | Energy …
Food Drying | Lehman’s
Food Drying and Dehydrators | Nyle Systems | Brewer, …
Marling School External links:
Marling School – YouTube
Marling School Stroud – YouTube
Marling School PE (@MarlingSchoolPE) | Twitter
Hydrogenated starch hydrolysates External links:
Brownricesyrups.com – Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysates
Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysates – Calorie Control …
National Agriculture and Food Research Organization External links:
English | National Agriculture and Food Research Organization
Modified atmosphere External links:
Contact CVP Systems — Modified Atmosphere …
2005 Indonesia food scare External links:
2005 Indonesia food scare – Howling Pixel
2005 Indonesia food scare – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
2005 Indonesia food scare – YouTube
Escherichia coli O104 External links:
Outbreak of Escherichia coli O104:H4 Infections …
Welcome to CDC stacks | Escherichia coli O104:H4 …
[PDF]Escherichia coli O104:H4 Infections O104:H4 …
Soured milk External links:
Is Spoiled Milk the Same as Soured Milk?
Soured milk | definition of Soured milk by Medical …
European Food Safety Authority External links:
European Food Safety Authority confirms sucralose is …
European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) PAH4 …