What is involved in Customer data management
Find out what the related areas are that Customer data management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Customer data management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Customer data management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Customer data management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Customer data management related domains to cover and 196 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Customer data management, Aberdeen Group, Application service provider, Cloud computing, Cost efficiency, Customer, Customer Data Platform, Customer base, Customer data, Customer feedback management services, Customer privacy, Customer relationship management, Customer retention, Customer satisfaction, Data warehouse, End user, Enterprise feedback management, Human resources, Information privacy, Information technology, Marketing, Privacy law, Software as a service, Spreadsheet:
Customer data management Critical Criteria:
Mine Customer data management engagements and overcome Customer data management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do we monitor the Customer data management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How important is Customer data management to the user organizations mission?
– What are current Customer data management Paradigms?
Aberdeen Group Critical Criteria:
Align Aberdeen Group issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Aberdeen Group.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Customer data management?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Customer data management?
– How do we go about Securing Customer data management?
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Application service provider projects and attract Application service provider skills.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Customer data management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Customer data management delivery for example is new software needed?
– How can skill-level changes improve Customer data management?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Focus on Cloud computing outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What are the business goals Customer data management is aiming to achieve?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in it expenditure?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– Is cloud computing affecting traditional hardware vendors?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– How technically mature is the standard?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
Cost efficiency Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Cost efficiency failures and tour deciding if Cost efficiency progress is made.
– Does Customer data management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Customer data management?
– To what extent does management recognize Customer data management as a tool to increase the results?
Customer Critical Criteria:
Pilot Customer failures and gather Customer models .
– Customer Service What is the future of CRM with regards to Customer Service five years from now, What Technologies would affect it the most and what trends in Customer Service landscape would we see at that time?
– What is the current menu structure of the IVR and what systems/applications does it need to interface with to retrieve information?
– Do the security controls encompass not only the cloud services themselves, but also the management interfaces offered to customers?
– What types of things or attributes are customers likely to consider as being part of your overall package?
– Are we on the lookout for any companies that are building the next generation of CRM systems?
– How do we deliver releases on time that meet customer needs if the problem domain is this imprecise?
– So what does all this mean for the role of Customer Service within the organization?
– Can you make product suggestions based on the customers order or purchase history?
– What are the strategic implications of the implementation and use of CRM systems?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– How do we know if we are measuring or meeting our customer s needs?
– Is support provided by your organization or is it outsourced?
– What are the best social crm analytics tools?
– How does your customer see your organization?
– How do you plan to address Customer Service?
– Can your customers interact with each other?
– What can you do to help your company?
– What information do you need?
– Who are my customers?
Customer Data Platform Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Customer Data Platform adoptions and look at it backwards.
– Consider your own Customer data management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do we maintain Customer data managements Integrity?
– Is Customer data management Required?
Customer base Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Customer base governance and adjust implementation of Customer base.
– Among the Customer data management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How representative is twitter sentiment analysis relative to our customer base?
– Which Customer data management goals are the most important?
– How well does the product fit our current customer base?
– Who needs to know about Customer data management ?
– What are the demographics of the customer base?
Customer data Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Customer data leadership and summarize a clear Customer data focus.
– In addition to the security of your own customer data, customers should also be concerned about what data the provider collects and how the CSP protects that data. Specifically with regard to your customer data, what metadata does the provider have about your data, how is it secured, and what access do you, the customer, have to that metadata?
– Think about the people you identified for your Customer data management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Specifically with regard to your customer data, what metadata does the provider have about your data, how is it secured, and what access do you, the customer, have to that metadata?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Customer data management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– What about other business related data, such as, customer data, supplier data, or spatial data?
– Does a massive loss of customer data necessarily imply poor engineering?
– What customer data is necessary?
Customer feedback management services Critical Criteria:
Talk about Customer feedback management services leadership and track iterative Customer feedback management services results.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Customer data management processes?
– Do we have past Customer data management Successes?
Customer privacy Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Customer privacy failures and change contexts.
– Describe the companys current practices that are used to protect proprietary information and customer privacy and personal information. Does the company have an information classification and handling policy?
– How can we improve Customer data management?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Customer relationship management decisions and catalog Customer relationship management activities.
– Did a better profile of customers arise from the implementation of CRM, or from something that the account manager did differently, or from pure luck?
– What platforms are you unable to measure accurately, or able to provide only limited measurements from?
– How long (on average) between a potential issue being posted online and being flagged to the client?
– What is the ideal IT architecture for implementing a social CRM SCRM strategy?
– How do customer relationship management systems provide value for businesses?
– Is the installed memory sufficient, based on installation recommendations?
– What level of customer involvement is required during the implementation?
– Can visitors/customers opt out of sharing their personal information?
– What is the network quality, including speed and dropped packets?
– Which business environmental factors did lead to our use of CRM?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize to Outlook?
– What storage quotas should be applied to each mailbox?
– Why does a customer first purchase your offering?
– Does the software utilize a responsive design?
– What are the objectives for voice analytics?
– Have you developed any proprietary metrics?
– What is the recovery point objective?
– What happens to workflows?
Customer retention Critical Criteria:
Gauge Customer retention goals and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Customer retention services.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Customer data management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How can you measure Customer data management in a systematic way?
– How to deal with Customer data management Changes?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Customer satisfaction issues and document what potential Customer satisfaction megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– Can we add value to the current Customer data management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Customer data management processes?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Customer data management been identified and analyzed?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Adapt Data warehouse quality and achieve a single Data warehouse view and bringing data together.
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– Is maximizing Customer data management protection the same as minimizing Customer data management loss?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Think of your Customer data management project. what are the main functions?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
End user Critical Criteria:
Examine End user tactics and summarize a clear End user focus.
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the calibration lab or calibration contractor provide the end user notification of any out of tolerance conditions?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– Think about the functions involved in your Customer data management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– From the end users eyes, is it possible for the change to have a major impact on services if problems occur?
– How does the vendor handle software and hardware maintenance, end user support, and maintenance agreements?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Will the change have only minimal or no impact on services provided to the end users if a problem occurs?
– Will the change have only minor impact on services provided to the end users if problems occur?
– Do the Customer data management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Customer data management ?
– Is the change needed to restore immediate service to the end user?
– Will the change be visible only to a small group of end users?
– Will the change be visible to a large number of end users?
– How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– Is the change visible to all end users?
Enterprise feedback management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Enterprise feedback management issues and overcome Enterprise feedback management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– what is the best design framework for Customer data management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Customer data management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Human resources Critical Criteria:
Think about Human resources decisions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Human resources.
– Does the information security function actively engage with other critical functions, such as it, Human Resources, legal, and the privacy officer, to develop and enforce compliance with information security and privacy policies and practices?
– Do we have processes for managing Human Resources across the business. (eg. staffing skills and numbers are known and predictions are made of future needs? new staff are inducted and trained to suit needs? succession planning is catered for?
– Who will be responsible for leading the various bcp teams (e.g., crisis/emergency, recovery, technology, communications, facilities, Human Resources, business units and processes, Customer Service)?
– If there is recognition by both parties of the potential benefits of an alliance, but adequate qualified human resources are not available at one or both firms?
– Under what circumstances might the company disclose personal data to third parties and what steps does the company take to safeguard that data?
– what is to keep those with access to some of an individuals personal data from browsing through other parts of it for other reasons?
– How often do we hold meaningful conversations at the operating level among sales, finance, operations, IT, and human resources?
– Should pay levels and differences reflect what workers are used to in their own countries?
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– What are the Human Resources we can bring to establishing new business?
– How can we more efficiently on-board and off-board employees?
– To achieve our vision, what customer needs must we serve?
– When can an employee access and correct personal data?
– Ease of contacting the Human Resources staff members?
– How does the global environment influence management?
– How is the Content updated of the hr website?
– Why study Human Resources management (hrm)?
– Will an algorithm shield us from liability?
– Why is transparency important?
Information privacy Critical Criteria:
Understand Information privacy results and create Information privacy explanations for all managers.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Customer data management process?
– Is Supporting Customer data management documentation required?
– What is our formula for success in Customer data management ?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Drive Information technology strategies and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Information technology services.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Customer data management opportunities costing us money?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Marketing Critical Criteria:
Chart Marketing governance and triple focus on important concepts of Marketing relationship management.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– What people, activities, organizations and media can have the most effect on determining the target audiences receptivity to csm products?
– Do we talk to Sales and Marketing and find out what are customer needs, what are consumer needs and what are the roadblocks?
– How does the integrated marketing communications (imc) plan approach differ from traditional approaches to promotion?
– To get a receptive environment for our program. what are the population trends and dangers we can leverage?
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– Which of the elements of the promotional mix is usually regarded as most credible?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What is most important and will help us best achieve the marketing objective?
– Which promotional tools would be most effective in our promotional mix?
– Which kinds of advertising in which media influence you the most?
– What potential problems may complicate test marketing?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
– Do the media selected reach the target audience?
– Documentation supporting any options selected?
– Will the promotion be supported by media?
– Do you see things other people miss?
Privacy law Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Privacy law results and mentor Privacy law customer orientation.
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– Do you conduct an annual privacy assessment to ensure that you are in compliance with privacy laws and regulations?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Customer data management objectives?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Consult on Software as a service strategies and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Software as a service.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Is the scope of Customer data management defined?
Spreadsheet Critical Criteria:
Devise Spreadsheet tasks and describe the risks of Spreadsheet sustainability.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Customer data management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– You may be using spreadsheets or other tools to track incidents, resolution times, and other data. How much time does it take to consolidate this information into meaningful reports?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Customer data management processes of our organization?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Customer data management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Aberdeen Group External links:
Aberdeen Group – Home | Facebook
aberdeen group Career Opportunities & Jobs | Monster.com
The Aberdeen Group – Home | Facebook
Application service provider External links:
Application Service Providers | Global Capacity
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
[PDF]Negotiating Application Service Provider Agreements
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing Management – bmc.com
http://Ad · www.bmc.com/cloud/computing
CRM Software & Cloud Computing Solutions – Salesforce UK
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Customer External links:
Bank of America Customer Service
How to Make a Deal With Your Entitled Customer
Entitled Customer – Funny & True Stories – Not Always Right
Customer Data Platform External links:
Amperity: The Only Intelligent Customer Data Platform
mParticle – The Customer Data Platform for Every Screen
Analytics API and Customer Data Platform · Segment
Customer data External links:
mParticle – The Customer Data Platform for Every Screen
Customer Data Dial – Welcome | USPS
Free Webinar: Unlock the Power of Customer Data
Customer feedback management services External links:
Customer Feedback Management Services | CraYve
Customer privacy External links:
Customer Privacy Notice | The Hartford
Apple’s Commitment to Customer Privacy
Customer retention External links:
Customer Retention & Loyalty Services | To Your Success
http://Ad · SynchronyFinancial.com/Customer
http://Ad · SynchronyFinancial.com/Customer
Customer satisfaction External links:
Why Customer Satisfaction is Important (6 Reasons)
3 Ways to Increase Customer Satisfaction
Weis Customer Satisfaction Survey
Data warehouse External links:
[PDF]Data Warehouse – Utility’s Smart Grid Clearinghouse
http://smartgrid.epri.com/UseCases/DW – Utility DOE SG Clearhouse_ph2add.pdf
Amazon Redshift – Data Warehouse Solution – AWS
Enterprise Data Warehouse | IT@UMN
End user External links:
[PDF]AP-197 Dyed Diesel Fuel End User Signed Statement …
End User | Definition of End User by Merriam-Webster
Enterprise feedback management External links:
Best Enterprise Feedback Management Software – G2 …
Enterprise Feedback Management Platform | Inquisium
Enterprise Feedback Management | SurveyMonkey
Human resources External links:
Human Resources | Medical University of South Carolina
Careers: Human Resources – Northwestern University
NC Office of Human Resources
Information privacy External links:
Health Information Privacy | HHS.gov
Information Privacy | Citizens Bank
Information technology External links:
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Marketing External links:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Exact Target
Facebook Business: Marketing on Facebook
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service | Accenture
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Spreadsheet External links:
untitled spreadsheet @ Eredar – Community – World of Warcraft
Untitled Spreadsheet – Yumpu
How to Put a Title on an Excel Spreadsheet | Chron.com