What is involved in Social Media Analytics
Find out what the related areas are that Social Media Analytics connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Social Media Analytics thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Social Media Analytics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Social Media Analytics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Social Media Analytics related domains to cover and 146 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Social Media Analytics, Analytical tool, Bar chart, Business decision, Business intelligence, Business value, Computer program, Data analysis, Data mining, Data model, Data pre-processing, Data set, Descriptive statistics, Digital media, Enterprise social networking, Google Analytics, Information repository, Key performance indicator, Line chart, Media monitoring, Pie chart, Political science, Reputation management, Scatter plot, Sentiment analysis, Social analytics, Social business, Social media, Social navigation, Social science, Social scientist, Streaming data, Structured data, Video sharing, Word cloud:
Social Media Analytics Critical Criteria:
Guard Social Media Analytics leadership and raise human resource and employment practices for Social Media Analytics.
– How do we go about Comparing Social Media Analytics approaches/solutions?
– Is Supporting Social Media Analytics documentation required?
Analytical tool Critical Criteria:
Pilot Analytical tool tactics and integrate design thinking in Analytical tool innovation.
– For your Social Media Analytics project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Social Media Analytics?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Social Media Analytics is underway?
– Does your organization have the right analytical tools to handle (big) data?
– What analytical tools do you consider particularly important?
Bar chart Critical Criteria:
Think about Bar chart strategies and plan concise Bar chart education.
– Do we all define Social Media Analytics in the same way?
– What is our Social Media Analytics Strategy?
Business decision Critical Criteria:
Judge Business decision engagements and find out what it really means.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Social Media Analytics activities?
– Does the Social Media Analytics task fit the clients priorities?
– Have all basic functions of Social Media Analytics been defined?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Business intelligence outcomes and work towards be a leading Business intelligence expert.
– Self-service analysis is meaningless unless users can trust that the data comes from an approved source and is up to date. Does your BI solution create a strong partnership with IT to ensure that data, whether from extracts or live connections, is 100-percent accurate?
– When users are more fluid and guest access is a must, can you choose hardware-based licensing that is tailored to your exact configuration needs?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– What documentation is provided with the software / system and in what format?
– What is the difference between business intelligence and business analytics?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– Is Business Intelligence a more natural fit within Finance or IT?
– What percentage of enterprise apps will be web based in 3 years?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing business intelligence?
– What else does the data tell us that we never thought to ask?
– Is your software easy for it to manage and upgrade?
– What would true business intelligence look like?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– Can your product map ad-hoc query results?
– Describe any training materials offered?
– What is your products direction?
– How are you going to manage?
– Why BI?
Business value Critical Criteria:
Refer to Business value failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Business value.
– A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that is going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say is that what gives us the competitive edge?
– Key capabilities can focus your starting point, but why strive to transform your iam program to higher maturity levels? how can it help drive business value?
– Will IT be a partner, driving business value, building an IoT architecture and collaborating on greenfield projects?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Social Media Analytics forward?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Social Media Analytics project?
– How are Business Value and BRM effectiveness Measured?
Computer program Critical Criteria:
Derive from Computer program tasks and create Computer program explanations for all managers.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Social Media Analytics product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Are assumptions made in Social Media Analytics stated explicitly?
– Who needs to know about Social Media Analytics ?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Frame Data analysis tasks and arbitrate Data analysis techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Does Social Media Analytics include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Social Media Analytics, including any consulting or professional services?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Does Social Media Analytics analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Systematize Data mining engagements and sort Data mining activities.
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Social Media Analytics strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is the Social Media Analytics organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Social Media Analytics activities?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Drive Data model risks and stake your claim.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Social Media Analytics process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Social Media Analytics process available?
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– Does Social Media Analytics create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Social Media Analytics agendas for the next 3 years?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
Data pre-processing Critical Criteria:
Frame Data pre-processing results and balance specific methods for improving Data pre-processing results.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Social Media Analytics strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Data set Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Data set tasks and finalize specific methods for Data set acceptance.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Social Media Analytics goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– For hosted solutions, are we permitted to download the entire data set in order to maintain local backups?
– How was it created; what algorithms, algorithm versions, ancillary and calibration data sets were used?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Social Media Analytics project?
– Is data that is transcribed or copied checked for errors against the original data set?
– What needs to be in the plan related to the data capture for the various data sets?
– Is someone responsible for migrating data sets that are in old/outdated formats?
– You get a data set. what do you do with it?
– How do we maintain Social Media Analyticss Integrity?
Descriptive statistics Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Descriptive statistics projects and catalog what business benefits will Descriptive statistics goals deliver if achieved.
– Think about the people you identified for your Social Media Analytics project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Social Media Analytics with what users do day-to-day?
– What about Social Media Analytics Analysis of results?
Digital media Critical Criteria:
Group Digital media risks and observe effective Digital media.
– How likely is the current Social Media Analytics plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are all of our Social Media Analytics domains and what do they do?
Enterprise social networking Critical Criteria:
Pilot Enterprise social networking management and gather practices for scaling Enterprise social networking.
– Do the Social Media Analytics decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are the short and long-term Social Media Analytics goals?
Google Analytics Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Google Analytics tasks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Which customers cant participate in our Social Media Analytics domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Social Media Analytics strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are there recognized Social Media Analytics problems?
Information repository Critical Criteria:
Canvass Information repository strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Social Media Analytics delivery for example is new software needed?
– What vendors make products that address the Social Media Analytics needs?
– Do Social Media Analytics rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Key performance indicator Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Key performance indicator strategies and forecast involvement of future Key performance indicator projects in development.
– In the case of a Social Media Analytics project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Social Media Analytics project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Social Media Analytics project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Social Media Analytics objectives?
– Have you identified your Social Media Analytics key performance indicators?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
Line chart Critical Criteria:
Systematize Line chart failures and find out.
– Does our organization need more Social Media Analytics education?
– Why is Social Media Analytics important for you now?
Media monitoring Critical Criteria:
Boost Media monitoring failures and point out Media monitoring tensions in leadership.
– Does Social Media Analytics analysis show the relationships among important Social Media Analytics factors?
Pie chart Critical Criteria:
Start Pie chart quality and tour deciding if Pie chart progress is made.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Social Media Analytics in a volatile global economy?
Political science Critical Criteria:
Shape Political science quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Political science.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Social Media Analytics process?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Social Media Analytics?
Reputation management Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Reputation management tasks and report on setting up Reputation management without losing ground.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Social Media Analytics project manager?
– Is Social Media Analytics Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Do you have a plan in place for reputation management after an event?
Scatter plot Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Scatter plot management and devise Scatter plot key steps.
– Which Social Media Analytics goals are the most important?
– Is a Social Media Analytics Team Work effort in place?
Sentiment analysis Critical Criteria:
Check Sentiment analysis tasks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Sentiment analysis services.
– How representative is twitter sentiment analysis relative to our customer base?
Social analytics Critical Criteria:
Consult on Social analytics risks and look at the big picture.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Social Media Analytics process?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Social Media Analytics ?
Social business Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Social business visions and pioneer acquisition of Social business systems.
– Does Social Media Analytics systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Social media governance and work towards be a leading Social media expert.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Social Media Analytics. How do we gain traction?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Which of the following are reasons you use social media when it comes to Customer Service?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– How important is real time for providing social media Customer Service?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– What social media dashboards are available and how do they compare?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– How does social media redefine business intelligence?
– Is social media a better investment than SEO?
Social navigation Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Social navigation results and report on the economics of relationships managing Social navigation and constraints.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Social Media Analytics objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Social science Critical Criteria:
Grade Social science goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Social Media Analytics study?
Social scientist Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Social scientist tasks and define Social scientist competency-based leadership.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Social Media Analytics?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Social Media Analytics process?
– How important is Social Media Analytics to the user organizations mission?
Streaming data Critical Criteria:
Audit Streaming data quality and handle a jump-start course to Streaming data.
– What are the key elements of your Social Media Analytics performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Why are Social Media Analytics skills important?
– How can we summarize streaming data?
Structured data Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Structured data adoptions and stake your claim.
– What tools do you consider particularly important to handle unstructured data expressed in (a) natural language(s)?
– Does your organization have the right tools to handle unstructured data expressed in (a) natural language(s)?
– Should you use a hierarchy or would a more structured database-model work best?
– Are accountability and ownership for Social Media Analytics clearly defined?
– How would one define Social Media Analytics leadership?
Video sharing Critical Criteria:
Graph Video sharing goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Video sharing information.
– Will Social Media Analytics have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we measure improved Social Media Analytics service perception, and satisfaction?
Word cloud Critical Criteria:
Categorize Word cloud results and optimize Word cloud leadership as a key to advancement.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Social Media Analytics processes of our organization?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Social Media Analytics opportunities costing us money?
– How to Secure Social Media Analytics?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Social Media Analytics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Social Media Analytics External links:
Data Driven Social Media Analytics Tools | Sprout Social
True Social Metrics: Social media analytics
Best Social Media Analytics Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Analytical tool External links:
Contact Center Customer Experience Analytical Tool | 8×8…
What are analytical tools – Answers.com
Signin – My Digital Office Analytical Tool
Bar chart External links:
Bar Charts | plotly
Stacked Bar Chart in SSRS – Tutorial Gateway
Bar Charts | Charts | Google Developers
Business decision External links:
business decision making Flashcards | Quizlet
Importance of Business Decision Making | Chron.com
Business intelligence External links:
ExhibitForce – Business Intelligence Software
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Indiana University Business Intelligence (CBI)
Business value External links:
Business Value Calculator – CalculatorWeb
Increase Customer Diversity, Increase Business Value
How Intangible Assets Affect Business Value – Entrepreneur.com
Computer program External links:
AlphaGo documentary follows Google computer program…
Computer program | Britannica.com
First computer program developed to detect DNA …
Data analysis External links:
Logistic Regression | Stata Data Analysis Examples – …
Opioid Data Analysis | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center
Data Analysis Flashcards | Quizlet
Data mining External links:
UT Data Mining
Data mining | computer science | Britannica.com
[PDF]Data Mining Report – Federation of American Scientists
Data model External links:
What is a Physical Data Model? – Definition from Techopedia
Data set External links:
Minimum Data Set (MDS) | Skilled Nursing Facility Consulting
Limited Data Set | HHS.gov
Descriptive statistics External links:
Descriptive Statistics – Investopedia
Descriptive Statistics – Rossman/Chance
Descriptive Statistics Essays – ManyEssays.com
Digital media External links:
Sensus Digital Media Library
Digital Media Academy – Official Site
Examples of digital media types include: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Windows Media Video (WMV), MP3, JPEG, and AVI.
Enterprise social networking External links:
Socialcast Enterprise Social Networking – YouTube
GT Nexus Adds Enterprise Social Networking …
Team Collaboration & Enterprise Social Networking …
Google Analytics External links:
9 Google Analytics Custom Reports by the Experts (and …
Google Analytics Solutions – Marketing Analytics & …
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on Download Page
Information repository External links:
Information Repository Index – wipp.energy.gov
[PDF]Collections Information Repository (CIR) Request …
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository – …
Key performance indicator External links:
KPI: What Is a Key Performance Indicator? – Mashable
Understanding Key Performance Indicators or KPI
Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Examples and …
Line chart External links:
Line Chart in Excel – Easy Excel Tutorial
Line Chart | Charts | Google Developers
Media monitoring External links:
Media Monitoring – Engage Your Target Audience
http://Ad · pr.cision.com/MediaMonitoring
PublicRelay | Media Monitoring & Reputation Managment …
Media Monitoring – Engage Your Target Audience
http://Ad · pr.cision.com/MediaMonitoring
Pie chart External links:
How to Create and Format a Pie Chart in Excel
sample pie chart with labels and title – Maths Resources
Pie chart – MATLAB pie – MathWorks
Political science External links:
Department of – Political Science
Introduction | Department of Political Science
Political Science at Illinois
Reputation management External links:
eMerit – Online Reputation Management for Doctors
Reputation Management for Doctors, Dentists & Physicians
BirdEye – Online Reputation Management
Scatter plot External links:
Scatter plot – MATLAB scatter – MathWorks
Scatter Plot – Notes – Math is Fun – Maths Resources
Creating a Scatter Plot in Excel – Nc State University
Sentiment analysis External links:
machine learning – Unsupervised Sentiment Analysis – …
YUKKA Lab – Sentiment Analysis
Social analytics External links:
Influencer marketing platform & Social analytics tool – …
Social Analytics – Marchex
Social Analytics Company Socialbakers Raises $26M …
Social business External links:
7 Facts About Social Business And Collaboration Platforms
Social media External links:
Social Media Hub | Social Security Administration
Social Media | The Five | Fox News
Sprinklr – Social Media Management – Customer …
Social navigation External links:
Footer Social Navigation – Providence Country Day School
Professional and social navigation in Seapilot navigation app
[PDF]Implicit Culture as a Tool for Social Navigation
Social science External links:
Home | Institute for Social Science Research
SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH LAB – Wichita State University
Irrational Game | A fun Social Science game by Dan Ariely
Social scientist External links:
How do I Become a Social Scientist? (with pictures)
Title: Being a Social Scientist by Paul Ballweber on Prezi
Social Scientist on JSTOR
Streaming data External links:
Ingesting Streaming Data into Amazon Redshift – Amazon …
Unsupervised real-time anomaly detection for streaming data
Structured data External links:
Structured Data Testing Tool – Google
Introduction to Structured Data | Search | Google Developers
Formulas and Structured Data in Excel Tables | Excel …
Video sharing External links:
Top 7 Video Sharing Websites Like YouTube – Freemake
Secure Video Sharing for Creatives — MediaSilo
Video Sharing – Upload, Share, and Watch Videos
Word cloud External links:
How to Create a Word Cloud at Tagxedo.Com: 11 Steps
Create word clouds – WordItOut
Word Cloud Generator – Freelance Data Visualisation