What is involved in 10G-PON
Find out what the related areas are that 10G-PON connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a 10G-PON thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its 10G-PON journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward 10G-PON leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which 10G-PON related domains to cover and 145 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
10G-PON, Access network, Beam splitter, Broadband Internet access, Business continuity, Cellular Backhaul Unit, Cellular network, Cloud computing, Computer network, Customer-premises equipment, Dark fiber, Demarcation point, Distribution frame, Fiber-optic communication, Fiber to the premises by country, Fibre-to-the-cell site, Fibre to the x, Hybrid fiber-coaxial, Internet access, Last mile, M1 Limited, Next generation access, Nielsen’s law, On-premises wiring, Optical Distribution Network, Optical Line Terminal, Optical Network Terminal, Optical fibre, Optical network unit, Optical splitter, Osi model, Outside plant, Passive Optical Network, Plain old telephone service, Point to multipoint, Residential gateway, Single mode, Telephone exchange, Time-division multiple access, Triple play, Video conferencing, Virtual private network, Wavelength-division multiplexing:
10G-PON Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over 10G-PON risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in 10G-PON because they lack skills.
– Do those selected for the 10G-PON team have a good general understanding of what 10G-PON is all about?
– How likely is the current 10G-PON plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do 10G-PON rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Access network Critical Criteria:
Learn from Access network results and be persistent.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing 10G-PON?
– What are the usability implications of 10G-PON actions?
– Are there recognized 10G-PON problems?
Beam splitter Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Beam splitter strategies and plan concise Beam splitter education.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a 10G-PON strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What vendors make products that address the 10G-PON needs?
– How can the value of 10G-PON be defined?
Broadband Internet access Critical Criteria:
See the value of Broadband Internet access adoptions and get the big picture.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether 10G-PON goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the short and long-term 10G-PON goals?
– Do we all define 10G-PON in the same way?
Business continuity Critical Criteria:
Dissect Business continuity issues and point out improvements in Business continuity.
– Who will be responsible for leading the various bcp teams (e.g., crisis/emergency, recovery, technology, communications, facilities, Human Resources, business units and processes, Customer Service)?
– We should have adequate and well-tested disaster recovery and business resumption plans for all major systems and have remote facilities to limit the effect of disruptive events. Do we comply?
– Has specific responsibility been assigned for the execution of business continuity and disaster recovery plans (either within or outside of the information security function)?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does our business continuity and/or disaster recovery plan (bcp/drp) address the timely recovery of its it functions in the event of a disaster?
– Do our business continuity andor disaster recovery plan (bcp/drp) address the timely recovery of our it functions in the event of a disaster?
– What programs/projects/departments/groups have some or all responsibility for business continuity/Risk Management/organizational resilience?
– How will management prepare employees for a disaster, reduce the overall risks, and shorten the recovery window?
– Will 10G-PON have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– Does increasing our companys footprint add to the challenge of business continuity?
– How does our business continuity plan differ from a disaster recovery plan?
– Is 10G-PON dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Has business continuity thinking and planning become too formulaic?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
– Has business continuity been considered for this eventuality?
– Is 10G-PON Required?
Cellular Backhaul Unit Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Cellular Backhaul Unit projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Cellular Backhaul Unit results.
– Is maximizing 10G-PON protection the same as minimizing 10G-PON loss?
– What potential environmental factors impact the 10G-PON effort?
– How can you measure 10G-PON in a systematic way?
Cellular network Critical Criteria:
Explore Cellular network tasks and reduce Cellular network costs.
– What are the long-term 10G-PON goals?
– Are there 10G-PON Models?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Cloud computing tactics and ask what if.
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in it expenditure?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– What should telcos be focusing on in 5 10 years?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– What Is the Lifecycle Services Framework?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– How technically mature is the standard?
– What happened to grid computing?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Discuss Computer network planning and point out Computer network tensions in leadership.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new 10G-PON in a volatile global economy?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting 10G-PON with what users do day-to-day?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Customer-premises equipment Critical Criteria:
Track Customer-premises equipment decisions and track iterative Customer-premises equipment results.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate 10G-PON delivery for example is new software needed?
– How will you know that the 10G-PON project has been successful?
Dark fiber Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Dark fiber decisions and get answers.
– Do we monitor the 10G-PON decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do we Lead with 10G-PON in Mind?
– How much does 10G-PON help?
Demarcation point Critical Criteria:
Analyze Demarcation point visions and optimize Demarcation point leadership as a key to advancement.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your 10G-PON project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your 10G-PON strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of 10G-PON moving forward?
Distribution frame Critical Criteria:
Model after Distribution frame projects and document what potential Distribution frame megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once 10G-PON is underway?
– What are the Essentials of Internal 10G-PON Management?
– How is the value delivered by 10G-PON being measured?
Fiber-optic communication Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Fiber-optic communication outcomes and report on the economics of relationships managing Fiber-optic communication and constraints.
– Does 10G-PON include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the 10G-PON process?
– Why are 10G-PON skills important?
Fiber to the premises by country Critical Criteria:
See the value of Fiber to the premises by country goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Fiber to the premises by country results.
– Does 10G-PON analysis show the relationships among important 10G-PON factors?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of 10G-PON?
– How can skill-level changes improve 10G-PON?
Fibre-to-the-cell site Critical Criteria:
Grasp Fibre-to-the-cell site quality and intervene in Fibre-to-the-cell site processes and leadership.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that 10G-PON objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are our needs in relation to 10G-PON skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Fibre to the x Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Fibre to the x governance and change contexts.
– What is the source of the strategies for 10G-PON strengthening and reform?
– Who will provide the final approval of 10G-PON deliverables?
Hybrid fiber-coaxial Critical Criteria:
Probe Hybrid fiber-coaxial tasks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Hybrid fiber-coaxial information.
– Do the 10G-PON decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– To what extent does management recognize 10G-PON as a tool to increase the results?
Internet access Critical Criteria:
Start Internet access issues and innovate what needs to be done with Internet access.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic 10G-PON objectives?
– What are specific 10G-PON Rules to follow?
– What are current 10G-PON Paradigms?
Last mile Critical Criteria:
Audit Last mile tasks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Last mile results.
– Think about the people you identified for your 10G-PON project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to 10G-PON?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of 10G-PON that make it risky?
– What is the last mile connectioin?
M1 Limited Critical Criteria:
Contribute to M1 Limited issues and look in other fields.
– How would one define 10G-PON leadership?
Next generation access Critical Criteria:
Adapt Next generation access issues and explore and align the progress in Next generation access.
– In the case of a 10G-PON project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a 10G-PON project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any 10G-PON project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Nielsen’s law Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Nielsen’s law governance and find the essential reading for Nielsen’s law researchers.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this 10G-PON process?
On-premises wiring Critical Criteria:
Match On-premises wiring visions and finalize the present value of growth of On-premises wiring.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these 10G-PON processes?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding 10G-PON?
– Does our organization need more 10G-PON education?
Optical Distribution Network Critical Criteria:
Judge Optical Distribution Network results and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Optical Distribution Network projects.
– Are there 10G-PON problems defined?
Optical Line Terminal Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Optical Line Terminal visions and ask what if.
– Do we have past 10G-PON Successes?
Optical Network Terminal Critical Criteria:
Talk about Optical Network Terminal tasks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Optical Network Terminal.
– Consider your own 10G-PON project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once 10G-PON is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Optical fibre Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Optical fibre visions and prioritize challenges of Optical fibre.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a 10G-PON process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the 10G-PON process available?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving 10G-PON forward?
Optical network unit Critical Criteria:
Study Optical network unit tasks and find answers.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of 10G-PON product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we Improve 10G-PON service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is there any existing 10G-PON governance structure?
Optical splitter Critical Criteria:
Own Optical splitter risks and oversee Optical splitter requirements.
– How can you negotiate 10G-PON successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– When a 10G-PON manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are our 10G-PON Processes?
Osi model Critical Criteria:
Group Osi model governance and overcome Osi model skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your 10G-PON activities?
Outside plant Critical Criteria:
Judge Outside plant decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Outside plant projects.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about 10G-PON. How do we gain traction?
Passive Optical Network Critical Criteria:
Boost Passive Optical Network adoptions and test out new things.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a 10G-PON study?
Plain old telephone service Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Plain old telephone service failures and point out improvements in Plain old telephone service.
– What is the purpose of 10G-PON in relation to the mission?
– How do we go about Securing 10G-PON?
– Are we Assessing 10G-PON and Risk?
Point to multipoint Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Point to multipoint outcomes and devote time assessing Point to multipoint and its risk.
– Have the types of risks that may impact 10G-PON been identified and analyzed?
– How can we improve 10G-PON?
Residential gateway Critical Criteria:
Analyze Residential gateway visions and get going.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect 10G-PON workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do mission and objectives affect the 10G-PON processes of our organization?
Single mode Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Single mode planning and gather practices for scaling Single mode.
– What are the business goals 10G-PON is aiming to achieve?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Telephone exchange projects and pioneer acquisition of Telephone exchange systems.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing 10G-PON? There might be some that are less obvious?
Time-division multiple access Critical Criteria:
Analyze Time-division multiple access leadership and cater for concise Time-division multiple access education.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of 10G-PON into the services that we provide?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with 10G-PON ?
Triple play Critical Criteria:
Detail Triple play tactics and maintain Triple play for success.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as 10G-PON leaders?
Video conferencing Critical Criteria:
Devise Video conferencing adoptions and adjust implementation of Video conferencing.
– Who needs to know about 10G-PON ?
Virtual private network Critical Criteria:
Judge Virtual private network leadership and integrate design thinking in Virtual private network innovation.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our 10G-PON agendas for the next 3 years?
– Which 10G-PON goals are the most important?
– Is the scope of 10G-PON defined?
Wavelength-division multiplexing Critical Criteria:
X-ray Wavelength-division multiplexing strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Wavelength-division multiplexing skills.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the 10G-PON Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
10G-PON External links:
http://10G-PON (also known as XG-PON) is a 2010 computer networking standard for data links, capable of delivering shared Internet access rates up to 10 Gbit/s (gigabits per second) over existing dark fiber. This is the ITU-T’s next generation standard following on from G-PON or Gigabit-capable PON.
10G-PON – Gartner IT Glossary
Access network External links:
All Partners Access Network – Official Site
S.C.A.N. Home – Security Central Access Network
Beam splitter External links:
Khet: Eye of Horus Beam Splitter – Board Game Geek
Amazon.com: iPad iPad2 iPad3 iPad4 iPad Mini Teleprompter R810-10 with Beam Splitter Glass: Computers & Accessories
Cube Beamsplitters – Cube Beam Splitter
Broadband Internet access External links:
Broadband Internet Access Services – Pine Belt Communications
Business continuity External links:
What is business continuity? | The BCI
[PDF]Job Description Job Title: Business Continuity …
Cellular network External links:
Performance Issues of Cellular Networks
Cellular Router – Ethernet to Cellular Network | Moxa
Cellular network | Verizon Community
Cloud computing External links:
CRM Software & Cloud Computing Solutions – Salesforce UK
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
Computer network External links:
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Computer Network Support Specialists
Dark fiber External links:
Title: Dark Fiber – techsoc.com
Dark Fiber | Products | Level 3 Managed Dedicated Fiber
Requirements for Leased Dark Fiber – Schools and …
Demarcation point External links:
What Is Demarcation Point? | GetVoIP
[PDF]Verizon Communications Demarcation Point …
What is demarcation point? Webopedia Definition
Distribution frame External links:
[PDF]Preconfigured Industrial Distribution Frame – Panduit
What is Main Distribution Frame (MDF)? Webopedia …
Fiber-optic communication External links:
IEC 61280-4-2: 2014 – Fiber-Optic Communication …
Fiber-Optic Communication Systems, Solutions Manual …
Fiber to the premises by country External links:
Fiber To The Premises By Country | Fiber Premises Country
Fiber To The Premises By Country – 2017fireworks.com
“Fiber to the premises by country” on Revolvy.com
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Fiber to the premises by country
Fibre-to-the-cell site External links:
Fibre-to-the-cell site Topics – revolvy.com
Fibre to the x External links:
Fibre to the X – HardwareSolutions
Fibre to the x (FTTx) explained – MaxisOne Home Fibre
Fibre to the X (FTTX) | Selsor
Hybrid fiber-coaxial External links:
HFC (Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial) | Multicom
Internet access External links:
Free Internet Access | Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
Private Internet Access – Official Site
DISA Multi-Host Internet Access Portal
Last mile External links:
The Last Mile (Amos Decker, #2) by David Baldacci
Last mile (Audiobook on CD, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
The Last Mile (1932) – IMDb
M1 Limited External links:
Tactica M1 Limited Edition Gold – Tacticagear
M1 Limited – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Next generation access External links:
Next Generation Access
http://Next-generation access. Next-generation access (NGA) describes a significant upgrade to the Broadband available by making a step change in speed and quality of the service. This is typically thought of as asymmetrical with a download speed of 24 Mbit/s plus and a fast upload speed.
Saviynt- Next Generation Access Governance & …
Nielsen’s law External links:
Nielsen’s Law of Internet Bandwidth | Hacker News
Nielsen’s Law of Internet Bandwidth – Nielsen Norman …
Keeping Pace with Nielsen’s Law – CableLabs
On-premises wiring External links:
OPW abbreviation stands for On-Premises Wiring
Horizon Electronics | On-Premises Wiring
Optical Distribution Network External links:
Intelligent optical distribution network (iODN) – YouTube
The optical distribution network refers to part which provides the bidirectional optical transmission method in the light access network. From the network structure point of view, the optical distribution network is composed of fibers, fiber optical splitters and branches.
Optical Distribution Network Function, Structure – …
Optical Line Terminal External links:
Basic Knowledge About Optical Line Terminal (OLT)
[PDF]8-Port GPON Optical Line Terminal with SFP+
Optical Line Terminal (OLT) | Light Reading
Optical Network Terminal External links:
Optical network terminal – Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
What Optical Network Terminal (ONT) used for Cox …
ONT – Optical Network Terminals | AcronymAttic
Optical network unit External links:
GPON Optical Network Unit with 1-port GbE LAN – ZyXEL
Optical Network Unit (ONU) | Light Reading
Alibaba – GPON equipment,ONU( Optical network Unit)
Optical splitter External links:
Buy Optical Splitters – Quantity Discounts Available
http://Ad · www.showmecables.com/AV
Shop for the CHAUVET DJ Data Stream 4 Universal DMX-512 Optical Splitter and receive free shipping on your order and the guaranteed lowest price.
Amazon.com: Optical Splitter: Home Audio & Theater
Osi model External links:
The OSI Model’s Seven Layers Defined and Functions …
OSI model – What’s the presentation and session layer for?
OSI Model Flashcards | Quizlet
Outside plant External links:
[PDF]Title: Outside Plant Technician 5561 – Danville, VA
eX² Technology | Outside Plant Engineer
[PDF]Outside Plant Copper Cables – Priority Wire & Cable
Passive Optical Network External links:
Passive Optical Network – Abrahams Consulting
[PDF]Passive Optical Networks: Passive Optical Networks: …
Passive Optical Network – ITConnect, Inc.
Plain old telephone service External links:
POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) – Call Center …
About POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) – …
POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) – Tech-FAQ
Residential gateway External links:
[PDF]TG862G DOCSIS® 3.0 Residential Gateway with …
TG862 XFINITY Residential Gateway & Router – …
Single mode External links:
Single Mode Optical Fiber – Thorlabs
Multi or Single Mode Fiber – LuxLink
Telephone exchange External links:
Contact Us – Steelville Telephone Exchange Inc.
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Triple play External links:
Triple Play REALTOR® Convention & Trade Expo
Triple Play Gift Set – Jack Black
Triple Play REALTOR® Convention & Trade Expo – …
Virtual private network External links:
Fast Virtual Private Network – nordvpn.com
http://Ad · nordvpn.com/virtual+private/network
VPN Virtual Private Network Services | Private Internet …
Virtual Private Network (VPN) | IT@UMN
Wavelength-division multiplexing External links:
What Is Wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM)? – Ciena