What is involved in Process architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Process architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Process architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Process architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process architecture related domains to cover and 168 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process architecture, Abstraction, Calculus of communicating systems, Complex system, Complexity, Dualistic Petri nets, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise information security architecture, Flowchart, Hierarchy, Information architecture, Infrastructure, Method engineering, Petri net, Petri nets, Process calculus, Process engineering, Process management, Process modeling, Process theory, Real-time computing, Superstructure, System, System of systems, Systems architecture, Systems theory, Workflow, Π-calculus:
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Systematize Process architecture adoptions and remodel and develop an effective Process architecture strategy.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Process architecture, including any consulting or professional services?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Process architecture goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is there any existing Process architecture governance structure?
Abstraction Critical Criteria:
Audit Abstraction leadership and separate what are the business goals Abstraction is aiming to achieve.
– Consider your own Process architecture project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Process architecture study?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Process architecture?
Calculus of communicating systems Critical Criteria:
Review Calculus of communicating systems tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Calculus of communicating systems users.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Process architecture activities?
– Who will provide the final approval of Process architecture deliverables?
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Investigate Complex system tactics and find out.
– Can we add value to the current Process architecture decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Process architecture project?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Process architecture processes?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Complexity visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Complexity projects.
– The approach of traditional Process architecture works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– How can a structural positioning diagram, using complexity and divergence, help frame the issues in our sales and service redesign project?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– In a project to restructure Process architecture outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we Identify specific Process architecture investment and emerging trends?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– Complexity: an appropriate framework for development?
– What is the complexity of the output produced?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What can a complexity lens add?
Dualistic Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Consult on Dualistic Petri nets risks and probe Dualistic Petri nets strategic alliances.
– How important is Process architecture to the user organizations mission?
– What are the long-term Process architecture goals?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Enterprise architecture visions and describe which business rules are needed as Enterprise architecture interface.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Process architecture services/products?
– Do we monitor the Process architecture decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise information security architecture Critical Criteria:
Study Enterprise information security architecture results and learn.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Process architecture is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– In what ways are Process architecture vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Flowchart Critical Criteria:
Mine Flowchart governance and report on developing an effective Flowchart strategy.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Process architecture. How do we gain traction?
– How can you measure Process architecture in a systematic way?
Hierarchy Critical Criteria:
Meet over Hierarchy planning and sort Hierarchy activities.
– Once youve designed the integrated navigation system, you can consider the addition of one or more remote navigation elements. In most cases, you will need to choose between a table of contents, an index, and a site map. Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
– Grouping content into the top-level categories of an information hierarchy is typically the most important and challenging process you will face. How should the content be organized?
– What are our needs in relation to Process architecture skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Process architecture project?
– Should you use a hierarchy or would a more structured database-model work best?
– Where should items be located in the hierarchy or network?
– When should a new level in the hierarchy be added?
– Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Information architecture risks and cater for concise Information architecture education.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Process architecture process?
– What are the 5-10 most frequently asked questions (or requested pieces of information) by those who contact you?
– Has the reuse of information available elsewhere in the enterprise been considered to avoid redundancy?
– What will your search engine be able to display besides just the titles of retrieved documents?
– Is there a mechanism to leverage information for business analytics and optimization?
– What are the different types of information elements that should be modeled?
– How can I set up a good information architecture for my site seo efforts?
– Take a look at the site structure listing. What are the major sections?
– Have the security needs for accessing the information been determined?
– Is there a plan for ongoing measurement and evaluation of navigation?
– Who are the most important audiences for the web site?
– Does your current website content need to be updated?
– Metadata; is there a metadata strategy?
– How to integrate with search results?
– How should the content be organized?
– Do you need a taxonomy strategy?
– Who are the intended audiences?
– Do you index web pages?
– How do we index?
Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Systematize Infrastructure governance and explore and align the progress in Infrastructure.
– An organization requires that each user needs to access their own copy of os and applications installed on a centralized location. which virtualization solution will you recommend?
– Which customers cant participate in our Process architecture domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Which cloud deployment model enables to provisioning the cloud infrastructure for exclusive use by organizations that have shared concerns?
– The question then is, how can it provide a mobile solution that is scalable, has increased security without huge associated costs?
– Which hypervisor component is responsible for performing binary translation of instructions that can not be virtualized?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– Dvds, backups, flash drives) encrypted and secured in locked rooms, cabinets or the like?
– What is the basis for determining the size of the virtual machine swap file?
– What enables a virtual machine to directly access luns in a storage system?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
– What is considered during the optimization phase for cloud adoption?
– What are the three building blocks of automated storage tiering?
– Which type of software is capable of creating cloud services?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– Which virtualization solution will you recommend?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
– What is a primary goal of incident management?
– What is a function of a backup server?
– What is the current infrastructure?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Use past Method engineering governance and sort Method engineering activities.
– Is the Process architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Does our organization need more Process architecture education?
Petri net Critical Criteria:
Frame Petri net strategies and correct better engagement with Petri net results.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Process architecture strengthening and reform actually originate?
Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Face Petri nets goals and know what your objective is.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Process architecture process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Process architecture process available?
– What are the disruptive Process architecture technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Process architecture forward?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Chart Process calculus tactics and drive action.
– Think about the functions involved in your Process architecture project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Process architecture moving forward?
Process engineering Critical Criteria:
Analyze Process engineering quality and display thorough understanding of the Process engineering process.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Process architecture into the services that we provide?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Process architecture effort?
– Does Process architecture appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Track Process management planning and summarize a clear Process management focus.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Process architecture? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Is Supporting Process architecture documentation required?
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Process modeling failures and transcribe Process modeling as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Will Process architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What threat is Process architecture addressing?
– How can we improve Process architecture?
Process theory Critical Criteria:
Nurse Process theory quality and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Process theory is getting what it needs.
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– What will drive Process architecture change?
Real-time computing Critical Criteria:
Mine Real-time computing goals and describe which business rules are needed as Real-time computing interface.
– Do we have past Process architecture Successes?
Superstructure Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Superstructure projects and ask what if.
– Think about the people you identified for your Process architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Process architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Process architecture processes?
System Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re System governance and stake your claim.
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– If you have die to spare or room in the FPGA, why not use it to effectively reduce your debug and comprehension times?
– How can you take advantage of systems thinking in strengthening your own problem-solving and change-management skills?
– Is employee productivity degraded because it is too difficult to gain and maintain system access?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– Is the CM system comprehensive enough for the product and/or contract flow down requirements?
– What are some strategies for integrating legacy equipment into a robust, modernized grid?
– What are the strategic implications of the implementation and use of CRM systems?
– What goals have you set forth for the next six months in your current position?
– Is the funding for the project secure, or is only part of it in place?
– What makes systems thinking different from other ways of thinking?
– Do others have a clear understanding of our vision for the future?
– What is the purpose of the system in relation to the mission?
– What will it do with transport models?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– How do you motivate others?
– What Systems Does DevOps Affect?
System of systems Critical Criteria:
Detail System of systems projects and look for lots of ideas.
– Do the Process architecture decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is the best definition of System of Systems?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Judge Systems architecture decisions and raise human resource and employment practices for Systems architecture.
– Think of your Process architecture project. what are the main functions?
– Who sets the Process architecture standards?
Systems theory Critical Criteria:
Chat re Systems theory goals and check on ways to get started with Systems theory.
– How do we manage Process architecture Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
Workflow Critical Criteria:
Confer re Workflow tasks and sort Workflow activities.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– Have you captured the workflow (which conceptualizes the data inputs, transformations, and analytical steps to achieve the final data output)?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Process architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– What are the usability implications of Process architecture actions?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– How do we Lead with Process architecture in Mind?
– What happens to workflows?
Π-calculus Critical Criteria:
Explore Π-calculus visions and define Π-calculus competency-based leadership.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Process architecture experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Process architecture?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Process architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Abstraction External links:
The Abstraction (2015) – IMDb
Abstraction | Definition of Abstraction by Merriam-Webster
Calculus of communicating systems External links:
The Calculus of Communicating Systems
[PDF]Introduction to Calculus of Communicating Systems …
Calculus of Communicating Systems – NIST
Complex system External links:
Information Modeling and Control of Complex Systems …
MIT’s Architecture of Complex Systems Online Course …
Complexity External links:
Complexity (2011) – IMDb
Computational Complexity authors/titles recent …
[PDF]Introduction to time complexity – Codility
Dualistic Petri nets External links:
Dualistic Petri nets – 21pw.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise information security architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
http://Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Flowchart External links:
draw.io – Flowchart Maker & Online Diagram Software
Flowchart Maker & Diagramming Software, Microsoft Visio
Hierarchy External links:
Hierarchy Synonyms, Hierarchy Antonyms | Thesaurus.com
Organizational Hierarchy Structure | Chron.com
Corporate designation Rank Hierarchy chart …
Information architecture External links:
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Semiotics Web (SW) & Information Architecture (IA) – Meetup
Infrastructure External links:
Harris County Public Infrastructure Department – HCPID
Institute For Sustainable Infrastructure
Petri net External links:
Petri Net Five Dining Philosophers problem – YouTube
What is a Petri Net? | Phrase Definitions – Quora
Petri nets External links:
[PDF]8.5 PETRI NETS A B A B C E P T – DePaul University
Traffic Light with Petri Nets and Woped – YouTube
[PDF]Petri Nets: Tutorial and Applications – UMD ISR
Process calculus External links:
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Process engineering External links:
Process Engineering Research & Development Center
Process management External links:
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
http://Management process is a process of setting goals, planning and/or controlling the organizing and leading the execution of any type of activity, such as: a project (project management process) or. a process (process management process, sometimes referred to as the process performance measurement and management system).
Emerson Process Management: Products
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Process theory External links:
A process theory of organization (eBook, 2014) …
Real-time computing External links:
In computer science, real-time computing (RTC), or reactive computing describes hardware and software systems subject to a “real-time constraint”, for example from event to system response. Real-time programs must guarantee response within specified time constraints, often referred to as “deadlines”.
ERIC – Real-Time Computing in Psychology at the …
CISTER – Research Centre in Real-Time Computing & …
Superstructure External links:
superstructure – Thesaurus.com | Synonyms and …
LRFD Steel Girder SuperStructure Design Example – …
System External links:
System of systems External links:
[PDF]System of Systems Engineering Collaborators …
Systems architecture External links:
The US Navy — Fact File: Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
Systems theory External links:
Family Systems Theory Flashcards | Quizlet
Chapter 4 Systems Theory Flashcards | Quizlet
Workflow External links:
Starting your Workflow | Nintex Community
Wide Area Workflow eBusiness Suite – WAWF
WorkFlow – Federal Title