What is involved in Operations Support System
Find out what the related areas are that Operations Support System connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Operations Support System thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Operations Support System journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Operations Support System leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Operations Support System related domains to cover and 102 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Operations Support System, Access network, Business support system, Computer system, Configuration management, Customer service, DSL Forum, Data entry clerk, Digital Equipment Corporation, Fault management, Hardware Information Navigational Tool, ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector, International Organization for Standardization, Loop Maintenance Operations System, Network element, Remote Memory Administration System, Service Evaluation System, Service assurance, Service delivery platform, Service fulfillment, Simple Network Management Protocol, Software applications, Switching Control Center System, TM Forum, Telcordia Technologies, Telecommunications Management Network, Telecommunications service providers, Telephone company, Telephone exchange, Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System:
Operations Support System Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Operations Support System leadership and gather Operations Support System models .
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Operations Support System? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Does our organization need more Operations Support System education?
– Are we Assessing Operations Support System and Risk?
Access network Critical Criteria:
Trace Access network quality and gather practices for scaling Access network.
– How do we Identify specific Operations Support System investment and emerging trends?
– What are the barriers to increased Operations Support System production?
– What are our Operations Support System Processes?
Business support system Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Business support system leadership and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do we Lead with Operations Support System in Mind?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Computer system risks and innovate what needs to be done with Computer system.
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– What are our needs in relation to Operations Support System skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Supporting Operations Support System documentation required?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Review Configuration management visions and track iterative Configuration management results.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Operations Support System project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Operations Support System project lifecycle?
– Are physical configuration assessments conducted to determine the degree of agreement between the current physical configuration and the configuration depicted in the facility documentation?
– How do you stabilize a codeline for an impending release while also allowing new work to continue on an active codeline?
– Have all mechanisms that can lead to temporary or permanent changes to facility documentation been identified?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a DevOps strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– Is there a documented graded approach process to operational Configuration Management?
– How do you test whether a module still works as it should after making a change?
– How do you keep a rapidly evolving codeline stable enough to be useful?
– When can the building, testing and implementation of a change begin?
– Is there a Material Condition and Aging Management program in place?
– Interdisciplinary review of proposed change complete?
– Is there a Design Reconstitution program in place?
– Can we answer questions like: Who owns a webapp?
– Do design documents match inventory reports?
– What should be under configuration control?
– Is the change necessary, and if so, why?
– How much is the system evolving?
– Other reviews to be performed?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Survey Customer service governance and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Customer service projects.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– Customer Service What is the future of CRM with regards to Customer Service five years from now, What Technologies would affect it the most and what trends in Customer Service landscape would we see at that time?
– Who will be responsible for leading the various bcp teams (e.g., crisis/emergency, recovery, technology, communications, facilities, Human Resources, business units and processes, Customer Service)?
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– How does your company use its web-site for Customer Service and or customer relationship building?
– How can recognition of the cultural value of importance of family be helpful in Customer Service?
– What are the three most important things we need to focus on to improve Customer Service?
– When a person has a bad Customer Service experience how many people do they tell?
– Can you deliver good Customer Service if employees do not report to duty?
– What awards has Customer Service in our organization been presented?
– How do we know if we are measuring or meeting our customer s needs?
– Do we monitor Customer Service and make efforts to improve it?
– What needs to be in place to make Customer Service work?
– What will be your Customer Service and credit policies?
– Do we meet our Customer Service goals and timelines?
– Do we know Who Always Comes First?
– What Do Customers Need?
– What is feedback?
DSL Forum Critical Criteria:
Gauge DSL Forum strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Operations Support System?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Operations Support System project?
Data entry clerk Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Data entry clerk planning and differentiate in coordinating Data entry clerk.
– Why should we adopt a Operations Support System framework?
– What about Operations Support System Analysis of results?
– Are there Operations Support System problems defined?
Digital Equipment Corporation Critical Criteria:
Participate in Digital Equipment Corporation issues and correct Digital Equipment Corporation management by competencies.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Operations Support System in a volatile global economy?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Operations Support System processes?
– Do Operations Support System rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Fault management Critical Criteria:
Boost Fault management projects and improve Fault management service perception.
– Does Operations Support System analysis show the relationships among important Operations Support System factors?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Operations Support System processes of our organization?
Hardware Information Navigational Tool Critical Criteria:
Mix Hardware Information Navigational Tool management and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How can you negotiate Operations Support System successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the short and long-term Operations Support System goals?
– Do we all define Operations Support System in the same way?
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector Critical Criteria:
Consider ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector outcomes and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector projects.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Operations Support System?
– Who will provide the final approval of Operations Support System deliverables?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Examine International Organization for Standardization adoptions and attract International Organization for Standardization skills.
– Does Operations Support System systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is Operations Support System dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Have all basic functions of Operations Support System been defined?
Loop Maintenance Operations System Critical Criteria:
Group Loop Maintenance Operations System governance and work towards be a leading Loop Maintenance Operations System expert.
– How do we measure improved Operations Support System service perception, and satisfaction?
– Does Operations Support System appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Network element Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Network element engagements and reduce Network element costs.
– How to Secure Operations Support System?
Remote Memory Administration System Critical Criteria:
Shape Remote Memory Administration System risks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Remote Memory Administration System.
– What are the disruptive Operations Support System technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the business goals Operations Support System is aiming to achieve?
Service Evaluation System Critical Criteria:
See the value of Service Evaluation System risks and look for lots of ideas.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Operations Support System processes?
– How would one define Operations Support System leadership?
Service assurance Critical Criteria:
Jump start Service assurance quality and spearhead techniques for implementing Service assurance.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
– How is the value delivered by Operations Support System being measured?
– Do we have past Operations Support System Successes?
Service delivery platform Critical Criteria:
Refer to Service delivery platform tactics and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Operations Support System project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– In a project to restructure Operations Support System outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Service fulfillment Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Service fulfillment tasks and secure Service fulfillment creativity.
– Think about the functions involved in your Operations Support System project. what processes flow from these functions?
– When a Operations Support System manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Operations Support System project?
Simple Network Management Protocol Critical Criteria:
Detail Simple Network Management Protocol tasks and remodel and develop an effective Simple Network Management Protocol strategy.
– How likely is the current Operations Support System plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Operations Support System that make it risky?
Software applications Critical Criteria:
Grasp Software applications results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Software applications is getting what it needs.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Operations Support System effort?
– Can we do Operations Support System without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are assumptions made in Operations Support System stated explicitly?
Switching Control Center System Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Switching Control Center System leadership and research ways can we become the Switching Control Center System company that would put us out of business.
– What will drive Operations Support System change?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Infer TM Forum adoptions and find answers.
Telcordia Technologies Critical Criteria:
Boost Telcordia Technologies quality and attract Telcordia Technologies skills.
Telecommunications Management Network Critical Criteria:
Investigate Telecommunications Management Network governance and tour deciding if Telecommunications Management Network progress is made.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Operations Support System project manager?
Telecommunications service providers Critical Criteria:
Talk about Telecommunications service providers visions and innovate what needs to be done with Telecommunications service providers.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Do the Operations Support System decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How important is Operations Support System to the user organizations mission?
Telephone company Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Telephone company outcomes and reduce Telephone company costs.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Operations Support System process?
– Think of your Operations Support System project. what are the main functions?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Categorize Telephone exchange projects and observe effective Telephone exchange.
– Is maximizing Operations Support System protection the same as minimizing Operations Support System loss?
– How will you know that the Operations Support System project has been successful?
– How do we maintain Operations Support Systems Integrity?
Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System Critical Criteria:
Examine Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System issues and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Operations Support System Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Operations Support System External links:
ACE OPERATIONS SUPPORT SYSTEM
Avaya Support – Products – Operations Support System
Access network External links:
All Partners Access Network – Official Site
S.C.A.N. Home – Security Central Access Network
Business support system External links:
Build A Business Support System – She Takes on the World
Computer system External links:
New Mexico’s computer system gets an upgrade | …
Configuration management External links:
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
Configuration Management Certification & Training …
Configuration Management | IpX
Customer service External links:
Colonial Penn Customer Service
Bank of America Customer Service
Customer Service Center – Washington Gas eService …
DSL Forum External links:
Earthlink DSL forum | DSLReports, ISP Information
[PDF]DSL Forum Technical Report TR-126 Triple-play …
Verizon DSL forum | DSLReports, ISP Information
Data entry clerk External links:
Data Entry Clerk job description template | Workable
Data Entry Clerk Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Entry Clerk Salary – PayScale
Digital Equipment Corporation External links:
Digital Equipment Corporation – CHM Revolution
GRC’s | Digital Equipment Corporation’s PDP-8
Fault management External links:
Redundancy Fault Management – How is Redundancy …
[PDF]FAULT MANAGEMENT HANDBOOK – NASA
Hardware Information Navigational Tool External links:
Hardware Information Navigational Tool – WOW.com
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector External links:
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector
International Organization for Standardization External links:
ISO International Organization for Standardization
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
Loop Maintenance Operations System External links:
Loop Maintenance Operations System – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Loop Maintenance Operations System
Network element External links:
[PDF]Unbundled Network Element Platform (UNE P) …
Remote Memory Administration System External links:
RMAS means Remote Memory Administration System
Service Evaluation System External links:
Prototype Bus Service Evaluation System – Internet Archive
Service assurance External links:
Service Assurance Analyst (PP/SAA/P/CS) – Project People
Windstream Wholesale – Wholesale Service Assurance …
serviceassurance.net @ Service Assurance
Service delivery platform External links:
Customer Service Delivery Platform – A Process-Driven …
Service fulfillment External links:
Service Fulfillment market research – WhaTech
Agency Service Fulfillment Enterprises, LLC
Simple Network Management Protocol External links:
[PDF]Simple Network Management Protocol – Fermilab
Software applications External links:
AltSource | Custom Business Software Applications
CRMfusion Salesforce Data Quality Software Applications
Switching Control Center System External links:
Switching Control Center System – How is Switching …
TM Forum External links:
Home | TM Forum Live
Home | TM Forum Live
Agenda | TM Forum Live
Telcordia Technologies External links:
Telcordia Technologies Careers | CareerBliss
Telcordia Technologies, Inc. – CACI
Telecommunications Management Network External links:
Telecommunications Management Network | Arizona …
Telecommunications service providers External links:
[PDF]for Telecommunications Service Providers
Telephone company External links:
Vermont Telephone Company – Vermont Telephone Company
High Speed Internet | Margaretville Telephone Company
mail.4wbi.net – Westphalia Telephone Company / …
Telephone exchange External links:
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Online BillPay – Steelville Telephone Exchange Inc.