What is involved in Business transaction performance
Find out what the related areas are that Business transaction performance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business transaction performance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business transaction performance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business transaction performance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business transaction performance related domains to cover and 54 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business transaction performance, Business transaction management, Application performance management, Buzzword, IT infrastructure, Information technology, Multitier architecture, Service-oriented architecture, Service level agreement:
Business transaction performance Critical Criteria:
Match Business transaction performance results and look at it backwards.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business transaction performance models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Why should we adopt a Business transaction performance framework?
– Are there Business transaction performance Models?
Business transaction management Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Business transaction management adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– Among the Business transaction performance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business transaction performance?
– How will you know that the Business transaction performance project has been successful?
Application performance management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Application performance management outcomes and raise human resource and employment practices for Application performance management.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Business transaction performance project?
– Does Business transaction performance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the short and long-term Business transaction performance goals?
Buzzword Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Buzzword goals and finalize specific methods for Buzzword acceptance.
– Can we add value to the current Business transaction performance decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– So, is DevOps a flash in the pan, an industry buzzword, or a new approach that will be cool for a couple of years and then superceded by the next big thing?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business transaction performance effort?
– How to Secure Business transaction performance?
IT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on IT infrastructure tasks and separate what are the business goals IT infrastructure is aiming to achieve.
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
– How can you measure Business transaction performance in a systematic way?
– What about Business transaction performance Analysis of results?
– Is a Business transaction performance Team Work effort in place?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Trace Information technology governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Information technology and constraints.
– For your Business transaction performance project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Is maximizing Business transaction performance protection the same as minimizing Business transaction performance loss?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Multitier architecture Critical Criteria:
Mine Multitier architecture quality and look in other fields.
– Is there any existing Business transaction performance governance structure?
– How will you measure your Business transaction performance effectiveness?
– What are current Business transaction performance Paradigms?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Design Service-oriented architecture planning and optimize Service-oriented architecture leadership as a key to advancement.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business transaction performance project manager?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Business transaction performance ?
– Do we all define Business transaction performance in the same way?
Service level agreement Critical Criteria:
Match Service level agreement governance and research ways can we become the Service level agreement company that would put us out of business.
– Do you really care about the Service Level Agreement sla of your underlying cloud platform paas or iaas?
– Are the contracts with vendors current, and does it include and appropriate Service Level Agreements?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– What are some examples of Service Level Agreements used by saas companies and or products?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– Are there encryption requirements, especially of off-line copies?
– What actions will be taken in the event of a serious disruption?
– Availability of a machine, service, particular operation?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– what is an sla in the context of a website or company?
– What Support/applications are included in this SLA?
– Who is accountable for service delivery?
– What will it take to make it work?
– How will the service be delivered?
– How will service be delivered?
– Why collaborative management?
– What will the project do?
– What is Data Protection?
– How do I write an SLA?
– Who prepares the SLA?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business transaction performance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business transaction management External links:
Business Transaction Management Process – SSG …
Application performance management External links:
Application Performance Management | TraceView
AppOptics – Application Performance Management | …
Application Performance Management | SolarWinds
Buzzword External links:
Marketing Buzzword Predictions for 2017 – Knoxville, TN
IT infrastructure External links:
Chef – Automate IT Infrastructure | Chef
http://The term infrastructure in an information technology (IT) context refers to an enterprise’s entire collection of hardware, software, networks, data centers, facilities and related equipment used to develop, test, operate, monitor, manage and/or support information technology services.
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Service level agreement External links:
[DOC]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Template
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) – XO Communications
https://www.xo.com/sites/default/files/inline-files/DIA SLA Web.pdf